Tail lights with integrated indicators

car350z

To be honest, I don't really like the placement of the rear indicators on the Zed, so I've been looking around for a pair of tail lights with integrated indicators.

Has anyone attempted to build this or has seen anything like it for sale?

If it's possible, I'd move the indicators to the main tail lights and replace the current indicators with normal white light for reverse (or fog lights, haven't decided yet).

Any ideas if this is possible?

Your main issue is getting the indicator to flash orange, my lights are all red (from memory as i haven't used it for weeks!). That part overcome it shouldn't be a hard job to drill a new hole for a bulb holder then extend the wiring :thumbs:

Dave.

Indeed, I want to move the indicator lights to the main tail lights.

I do have the LED tail lights, how do you open those? Does it include "baking" them so the seal becomes soft and pulling them off? I am terribly afraid of putting them into the oven... :wacko:

Indeed, I want to move the indicator lights to the main tail lights.

I do have the LED tail lights, how do you open those? Does it include "baking" them so the seal becomes soft and pulling them off? I am terribly afraid of putting them into the oven... :wacko:

Before you do any baking of any lights, consider that

- the housing is plastic

- will they actually fit in a household oven?

- the cost of replacing them

- know what you are doing

- you'll have to seal them properly to prevent condensation build up

I have done the foglight clearout myself and found that even that cluster does take up some room in a conventional household oven.

Think about the length of the tail light and see if it would touch the walls of the oven which could lead to melting (possibly)

Plus consider what you need to do to fill the hole where the light was previously.

And finally consider what the car may look like after (rough potatoshop I made quickly)

clusterdelete.jpg