5th & 6th gears

LordGrover

Since my clutch and flywheel were replaced last year, fifth & sixth have been a little notchy or difficult to select. Yesterday, I couldn't select either. I'd assumed there is an H-plate or guide on the top of the box which is misaligned but I now think that's not right. After a bit of experimentation, I discovered pressing the stick a la reverse gear allows easy selection of both fifth & sixth.

Any ideas peeps?

Is it safe to pop it into local Nissan dealer and not get screwed over?

Since my clutch and flywheel were replaced last year, fifth & sixth have been a little notchy or difficult to select. Yesterday, I couldn't select either. I'd assumed there is an H-plate or guide on the top of the box which is misaligned but I now think that's not right. After a bit of experimentation, I discovered pressing the stick a la reverse gear allows easy selection of both fifth & sixth.

Any ideas peeps?

I would suggest you use a good independent who know the 350's - chances are the Nissan dealer will not have any techies who know their way around the ZEDs. I am sure those more local to you in Bristol can point in the right direction but the nearest Trader on here I am aware of and who I am sure could sort this for you is Jez at Horsham Developments who are at Chievely in Berkshire.

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=home

Any ideas peeps?

I would suggest you use a good independent who know the 350's - chances are the Nissan dealer will not have any techies who know their way around the ZEDs. I am sure those more local to you in Bristol can point in the right direction but the nearest Trader on here I am aware of and who I am sure could sort this for you is Jez at Horsham Developments who are at Chievely in Berkshire.

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=home

+1 on Horsham :thumbs::thumbs:

Have you actually had the top off the gear stick area to check the alignment? I had a clutch change and had the same problem, a quick check some realignment and hey presto all is well again. Worth check properly as it only takes 10 minutes to pull all the covers off and take a look.

Have you actually had the top off the gear stick area to check the alignment? I had a clutch change and had the same problem, a quick check some realignment and hey presto all is well again. Worth check properly as it only takes 10 minutes to pull all the covers off and take a look.

Screwdrivers and spanners send me into a cold sweat. :wacko:

If I can unclip or pull the top maybe I'll take a quick gander when I get back from hols before me op. Otherwise I won't be driving for a few weeks so no biggy if it has to go into the shop for a week or two. Rather save a few quid though if poss.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting, I had mine swapped out about 1k ago now and noticed the same at times. Wasnt sure if it was me or something else but the OH has also noticed it too and had been meaning to get the linkage alignment checked.

The guide looks very simple so will give it a bash at the weekend. Thanks Coldel and I hope it fixes your issue too LordGrover :)