Coupe exhausts fit a roadster

Yella Fella

Just a quick question, as above, I've started to look at 350Z's again a year on... might have a potential buyer if he can get insurance on my car.

I know its bad but as its the summer, I've started to wander off and look at roadsters / convertibles again. Are all the main engine/performance mods made for coupe, will they fit the roadster or do you need specific roadster mods? I know the kits/spoilers are different to an extent. Thanks.

I know the kits/spoilers are different to an extent. Thanks.

AFAIK the kits (bumpers and skirts) are the same between roadsters and coupes, it's just the spoilers which aren't interchangeable... and trust me... get a roadster! B)

Are the roadsters a lot heavier?

Take it the wont be suitable for drifting over a coupe?

The roadsters are 100kg heavier, but have a lower centre of gravity than the coupes and therefore apparently handle better. Depending upon which model you get there is very little difference in the performance. According to Nissan my 313 roadster does 0-60 in about 5.7 seconds, so we are talking maybe .2 seconds slower on 0-60 than a coupe, but more than likely quicker than the older 276bhp 350z`s. Either way, once rolling I really doubt there is much difference in performance between the roadster & the coupe. In 2nd gear and 3rd gear on mine ive found very little which is quicker on the road and ive surprised many cars which on paper are maybe 1 second quicker on the "0-60" time. For me its all about 20mph upwards.

If you want the quicker car and the better handling one, then get the coupe. If you want a better driving experience, then get the ragtop.

I loved my old Roadster, but it was always compromised in the handling by not having a proper roof. You can get round that by adding bracing, but you're always better off with the coupe unless you absolutely must be able to drop the roof. If I were buying again as a car to drive hard, I'd buy a coupe. If I was buying one as a GT cruiser, I'd definitely take the convertible.

As far as drifting goes, unless you're looking to compete at a professional level then the roadster will be fine. :)

My experience ?

Owned two coupes both DE and HR and recently a convertible.

Both coupes brilliant,faster,better looking,( if not over modded )and next to most others ( Porsche,TT,Mazda etc ) a no brainer !

But .... on a summers day with the sun beating down and a hard tin hat above you... can be claustrophobic especially in slow traffic.

The convertible? an absolute joy with the top down on both warm days and the noise ...ooooh especially with my Cobra system and Berks. Rainy days ? go buy a cheap golf as a second car. The rag top is a pain when you open the window and all the water drips in from the roof.

When cleaning you,ve only got half the car to polish !!

Good luck with your choice friend.... either way you will be smiling.

mrt