Help Needed, the elation has been shattered :(

Plummerman

Morning Folks,

Well after 4 weeks without my z get her back.. Loving her in this weather then last night that all crumbled :doh:

In stop/ start traffic when ever you press the accelerator I can hear ( window open) a clunk as if something is struggling to engage on the rear wheel.. Same when I lift my foot off the pedal. Obviously it's at low speed. At high speed it's a intermittent tick tick tick which can be heard :rant:

Then with windows up, not every time, but getting more frequent.. Go over a bump and it's like you can hear the spread spring squeak or the stutbar bar squek I can't identify it..

And more, the speedo, mileage, odometer is are having fits and climbing on there own even tho I ain't moving :scare:

I'm really pee'd off now.. I can understand possible a little squeak etc, cars nearly 9. But none of these things were happening before it went in for repair.. Christ even in its damaged state I didnt hear the noises :bang:

Can anyone offer some in site into the cause of these problems :help:

Cheers Phil

The clicking and ticking could be "clicky axel" and/or drop links. Clicky axle can be a cheap and easy fix if you know which end of a spanner is which :thumbs:

Cant help with the speedo problem, I am sure someone else will be along to offer advice.

Just out of interest, what did you have done on your car in the garage?

Difficult to diagnose with that description.

Is the clutch/gearbox operating normally?

The squek will be the rear strut bar, i think nissan put a mouse inside all of them, the normal cure is to take the plastics off and let it free, wd40 everything so it wont come back and reassemble :)

Cheer Dodgy,

That may explain a little.. I stacked her :wacko:

Hope you've got your reading glasses on the list is long

Adj front and rear toe

R wing shell

Front bumper

Oil pan panel

4x new wheels and tyres

R/ front steering knuckle

L/ front steering knuckle

R/ front control arm

OSF lower arm

R/wheelhouse hub?

OSF hub, wheel bearing ass

And a shite load of nuts/bolts/shocker bolts

Difficult to diagnose with that description.

Is the clutch/gearbox operating normally?

The squek will be the rear strut bar, i think nissan put a mouse inside all of them, the normal cure is to take the plastics off and let it free, wd40 everything so it wont come back and reassemble :)

Hmmm yes and no, the problem happens then as I'm engaging/ disengaging the accelerator.. So it's hard to say.. The certainly isn't a problem getting it in gear or going through them.. It's literally just at the point I assum the prop is driving the wheels at slow speed.. But then you hear clink clink clink at high probably once in a 30 sec interval

If the clicking is when your coming on of off the gas, its the axel :thumbs:

I had that, and this fixed it .... http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60165&hilit=clicky

Zmanalex can supply complete new units if cost is not a problem :thumbs:

I would however be tempted to go back to the garage that did the work and try to get them to sort it.

If the clicking is when your coming on of off the gas, its the axel :thumbs:

I had that, and this fixed it .... http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60165&hilit=clicky

Zmanalex can supply complete new units if cost is not a problem :thumbs:

I would however be tempted to go back to the garage that did the work and try to get them to sort it.

Cheers Matey,

As it stands I'll need a mortgage for all the bits I want off Alex :lol:

No, she's gone back in.. And they've given me a courtesy this time as its there fault... Admiral wouldn't issue first time round.. It's horrid citreon ds3

Nice alloys tho. ;)

Ha ha ha ha... It's too hot for stressing.. And will just smile at me missing limb :lol:

No it's a decent enough car but it's not the zed.. It feels like it has permanent city steering engaged.. It's flat and uninspireing through the gears.. But it does have lots on buttons for twiddling.. Just found a air freshener dial.. Wtf.. Crazy French car. :p

Well update to my woe...

Garage rang today... They can't solve the problems. Not told me exactly what they think it could be just told me they are transferring the car to the stealers.. :dry:

Please if anyone has any info on Mansfield Nissan let me know, or is it just going from bad to worse :headhurt:

Cheers Phil