Advice needed

Blackcoffee

Hi there,

I apogise if these questions have been answered before but I need some advice...

I have saved up 6.5k to buy my first 350z (I previously owned a 300zx, prior to kids/mortgage etc, which I loved) and I'm trying to educate myself on what I should be looking for and the various models etc.

What year did the tax band change? I have seen several cars advertised as having cheaper road tax, I assume it's because they're older cars?

I will be using the 350z for a daily 30 minute commute so I'll be putting fair bit of mileage on the car. Would this massively de-value the car? Or have any other implications to a car like a 350z?

Also, is it acceptable to post links to cars for sale to get members opinions? (before I set off on a 200 mile trip to view!)

Many thanks!

Rob.

:welcome:

Cars registered before 23 March 2006 pay the lower tax.

Feel free to post links to cars you're interested in, you'll normally get some good responses about what it's worth etc.

Brilliant, thats really helpful.

Many thanks!

Ok...is anyone familiar with this car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-B ... 256f840013

Don't bother with it

I've been to see it and although it's a lovely example despite various wear marks for a 10 year old car, the seller told me that it uses a lot of oil and also the HPI check comes back as a Cat C

When i told him that, he dropped his price (by all of £250) and still hasn't listed that detail in the item description which is illegal if i remember correctly

Stay clear of it!

Many thanks!

Don't bother with it

I've been to see it and although it's a lovely example despite various wear marks for a 10 year old car, the seller told me that it uses a lot of oil and also the HPI check comes back as a Cat C

When i told him that, he dropped his price (by all of £250) and still hasn't listed that detail in the item description which is illegal if i remember correctly

Stay clear of it!

I think the only requisite is for the seller to provide you with the truth if directly asked or he can't put that its HPI clear and never been in accident if he knows it has.

Similar to when buying a house; the seller has no obligation to tell you that the neighbours are Hell's Angel type nutters but if you directly ask them if they have had any problems with the neighbours they have to answer you truthfully.

Many thanks!

Don't bother with it

Stay clear of it!

I think the only requisite is for the seller to provide you with the truth if directly asked or he can't put that its HPI clear and never been in accident if he knows it has.

Similar to when buying a house; the seller has no obligation to tell you that the neighbours are Hell's Angel type nutters but if you directly ask them if they have had any problems with the neighbours they have to answer you truthfully.

I always thought that you had to advertise the car as a category C/D if it was one, regardless whether or not you ask the seller directly

Thanks!

I'll cross that one of the list then.

I think it's been for sale for some time. That probably explains why.

Only because i did the HPI check that i found that vital info out. I was wary anyway as he mentioned the oil consumption, which was honest of him, but silly if he wants to sell it

I imagine you've got a very similar list to me ;)

I haven't got that much to spend unfortunately..

pre 2006 for the cheaper road tax?

I'm £6500, pref black, leather seats, history, not too modified...

£7500 is my very limit, ideally around £7k would be nice

Pre 2006 for cheaper tax and i doubt i'd get anything post 2006 for my budget

You go for black, i'm looking for either gold or blue :thumbs: