Armour Fend or similar

The G Man

I'm shortly getting my front bumper and sills re-sprayed. The bumper due to excessive stone chips, mainly put there by a bit of aggressive driving at RAF Valley last year, man, the grit on that track was real manly grit :lol: Couple of weeks back Mrs G drove through a puddle that was disguising an abyss of a pot hole and put a couple of deep scores just in front of the tyre deflectors.

The sills I'm getting done due to what appears to be a design flaw, as they too are pitted at the rear of them, with a definitive stop where the sills taper out. It's noticeable more, I think in a black car. The pitting was there pre-fitment of spacers and springs.

Anyhoos, my old RX8 had Armour Fend on a couple of strategic places along the sills and back wheel arch, obviously Mazda did there development properly and these worked really well in protecting these areas. Speaking to the sprayer today and he'll fit for me after painting.

So the question is, does anyone know of a supplier of Armour Fend or similar that I can purchase a roll, your help, as ever is much appreciated.

I'm shortly getting my front bumper and sills re-sprayed.

The sills I'm getting done due to what appears to be a design flaw, as they too are pitted at the rear of them, with a definitive stop where the sills taper out. It's noticeable more, I think in a black car. The pitting was there pre-fitment of spacers and springs.

100% with you on the sill design flaw and I can assure you the chips show just as much on white and the front mud flaps seemed to do little to help protect. I agree the spacers are not the root cause although of course they don't help.

Had my sills resprayed last October time year and was then going to get them wrapped, but got thinking about something like the Shine Amuse skirts that with their shape should avoid the chipping where it can be seen. Winter came and still not done so I expect after Wales in a couple of weeks time it will be a rethink, but interested in the Armour Fend as an option. :thumbs:

I've ordered the mud guards which are getting painted and put on at the painters. Reading some of your previous posts re the mud guards not being that effective against it, I'm still, for aesthetic reasons going to put them on, if anything it'll give Mrs G something else to damage :lol:

I'll let you now if I get any joy with it but as I said, it was very effective on my 8 and a bonus was that it didn't seem to pit.