Help, I f@&k'd up my Mac!

EH 370z

Ok I was bored looking for things to do, when.....

My wife used to use my Mac as another user with a profile to her own home account on the same machine, she then bought her own Mac Book, and I deleted her profile on my Mac. The app Store icon never really came to terms with this and was always showing updates required although I could access as her profile was long gone. Irritated by this for some time I decided to "Fix" this annoyance.

My conclusion like most, was to delete the "App Store" app, with the intension of re installing it. I cant!

Sorry for the long story, but if anyone knows how I can reinstall the App Store, without a degree in computer programming, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

T

You could try installing the combo update for which ever version your are running (10.6.7, 10.6.8 etc).

They are usually downloadable from the apple support website, altnernatively, if you have a software update to complete this may re-install any missing applications etc.

You could try installing the combo update for which ever version your are running (10.6.7, 10.6.8 etc).

They are usually downloadable from the apple support website, altnernatively, if you have a software update to complete this may re-install any missing applications etc.

Good shout, but I tried and failed with this too :rant:

Damnit! That URL is blocked at work so I had to try it in good faith.... short of googling "reinstall app store"

I can't help much until I'm home.

Thanks, that what I did.

When I googled it thats how I knew about the reinstall mentioned above.

Just run out of ideas now....