west london valeting/detailing services

Geekboy78

hello there boys and girls - mostly boys i suspect, but let's not jump to conclusions just yet ;)

i've recently bought my first zed and am looking for a reliable and trustworthy valeting/detailing company in west london i can use for occasional services....

i have looked at dave's very helpful detailing guide on here and will be looking to do the weekly and monthly bits myself, but am not confident with the more indepth claybar stuff - to be honest, i didn't even know it was called 'detailing' until i came on here....

i'd love to find a company who i can trust with my new pride and joy to give it a proper seeing to every few months. i don't have a covered place i can guarantee is dry and can be pretty flexible in terms of times etc so it doesn't need to be a mobile service, as long as it is in west london.

any recommendations very much appreciated - i am somewhat worried about making a mess of things, but will not pretend that some of it comes down to being largely lazy!

thanks in advance

Clay bar kit is £15, grab one from Halfords and have a go, you honestly can't do it wrong. Borrow a machine polisher off someone and spend a whole Sunday. You'll get more satisfaction out of having a go yourself.

I know the end result may not be as good. But having a go every month or so will improve your skills.

Clay bar kit is £15, grab one from Halfords and have a go, you honestly can't do it wrong. Borrow a machine polisher off someone and spend a whole Sunday. You'll get more satisfaction out of having a go yourself.

I know the end result may not be as good. But having a go every month or so will improve your skills.

Be warned..... Zed paint is thin, there are differing grades of clay, buy the wrong type, respray here we come :scare:

Like wise with a polisher, too much speed, heat, not enough cutting paste etx can all lead to unwanted resprays.

Be warned. Go get a panel from the scrap yard and hone your skills before you go near your zed. :surrender:

Go get a panel from the scrap yard and hone your skills before you go near your zed. :surrender:

That.

Although with the clay bar, if you stick to the Megs Quick Clay (which the likes of Halfrauds sell) you can't really go wrong to be honest. Definitely worth playing with a polisher on a scrap panel before going at your car with it though.

riiiiiight.....

so, seems my initial fears about doing this myself are well founded...

my need for a pro seems even more urgent. seems envy are too far away from me, so i will have to look at a local alternative if there are no personal recommendations.

i'll report back on my findings... which will be based on all my experience on the subject ;)

riiiiiight.....

so, seems my initial fears about doing this myself are well founded...

my need for a pro seems even more urgent. seems envy are too far away from me, so i will have to look at a local alternative if there are no personal recommendations.

i'll report back on my findings... which will be based on all my experience on the subject ;)

I'm often up in SW London and have family not too far away so I'd be happy to come and do some work for you. Whereabouts are you? Feel free to PM me!

Tim@Envy regularly visits the Walton on Thames type area, might be worth giving him a shout anyway. :thumbs:

Thanks Haydn, very true ;)