Boot strut help needed

hawker1986

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been done to death but I need help with the boot struts on the new zed. I got some new ones from sgs. And I've unscrewed the bracket at the base but I can't get the top one out. It's the stock one no clips. Now I've tried to screw the bracket back in but it won't screw down.

I'm guessing I need to get the top out and then put the new bracket screwed in and get the top in last?

Please help with how to get the top out its currently semi screwed down and closed.

Thanks,

Hawker

It should screw out easily. If you try and screw the top screw whilst still fastened to the botton you are screwing against the pressure of the strut.

When refitting again screw in the top to the boot lid before offering the bottom bracket. Ps make sure you get the bracket the right way round.

Thanks for the help guys, in the end I just took it to the dealer and they did it for a nominal fee. But the idiots put the brackets on the wrong way I've just realised! :wacko:

Presumably it not going to do it any harm like that for a few days before I get it back to them?

Cheers

Hawker