Heavy Clutch

michker

When I first bought my 03 JDM 10 month and 13,000 miles ago I noticed that the clutch was on the heavy side, but thought that was par for the course.

The car has just been in for MOT and the Dealer (Nissan) commented on the weight of the clutch and thought it may need further investigation.

I have no slip or judder, just a thick left leg and there has been no deterioration since purchase. I recall reading that the early 350's had a stronger pressure plate that the newer ones (I believe 880lb as opposed to 800lb???)

Having not driven another older Z is a heavy clutch normal..

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, when I first got my JDM (53 plate) I foolishly took it to Nissan for a minor service. They detected the heavy heavy clutch, and informed me this is a common issue as the car ages, and it's down to a spring inside the clutch assembly that needs to be replaced ,and the clucth will be like a feather .. But Im not that fussed to be honest, but thought I'll spread the knowledge :)

• 4 months later...