Bodywork Quotes

SteveW

Hopefully a quick question folks.

Ive been asking round the local area for at body shops for quotes for fitting my Shine front bumper and side skirts as well as painting the bonnet and wings because they are covered in stone chips.

I was hoping to try a few local places before travelling a long way to somewhere like Falcon in Middlesborough so been asking at places that people I know have been and got good results.

However the few places I've asked at have given me quotes of:

£1000 for the bumper and sides painting and fitting

and

£800 for the bonnet and wings doing

That just sounds ridiculously expensive to me?

Discuss. :thumbs:

Steve

depends on wehre in the country you are. average prices for say a front or rear bumper on its own could be anywhere between £250 - £450, side skirts can be anywhere £300 - £600 for a set.

if its standard body work you find places will charge less compared to doing after market parts. so will charge more for work thats going to require an unkown amount of extra work to get the job done.

Bit steep tbh!

Pity you dont live down south i would of done u a deal since i own a bodyshop.

You want to be paying around £600 for a front end, bonnet, bumper and wings, and then prob £150 for the skirts.. maybe alittle bit extra for fitting if not straight forward. hope this helps.

Steve,

Solution for you, close by.

Can recommend this guy, did my front bumper when first purchased & I addressed the stone chip problem. Good job done for a reasonable price.

JCS Auto, industrial estate by Leeds airport, ask for Steve, tell him Phil with the azure sent you.

0113 2508706.

Trust this helps.

Bit steep tbh!

You want to be paying around £600 for a front end, bonnet, bumper and wings, and then prob £150 for the skirts.. maybe alittle bit extra for fitting if not straight forward. hope this helps.

Hmm.... sorry for the hijack but where abouts are you down south Spawn?

Bit steep tbh!

Hmm.... sorry for the hijack but where abouts are you down south Spawn?

Then pm him ;)

To be fair I was expecting about 250 for the bumper and 150 - 200 for each skirt but not £1000.

Then about £100 a panel for the stone chips sorting.

I'll keep looking around and try some more places, there are loads around.

Thanks for the number of the guys in Leeds and Manchester. I'm off down to see a couple more bodyshops this weekend that are a bit more local so we'll see what they come back with.

Thanks again.