Wire tuck - advice please

Wasso

After making a recent purchase from a chap who has a G in America he mentioned having a wire tuck. I've done some reading up on it and a few guys have done this on the DIY in the US with a guide.

Here's my inspiration....

d24d9a73.jpg

Now, my reservations with a wire tuck (exampled above) is that I don't want to inherit electrical issues, or risk of wires potentially melting from being tucked.

Does anyone know of someone who has done this on a Zed in the UK or on other cars.

What issues could I face, is it potentially a garage job or easy enough to do DIY?

Thoughts?

I've asked around for a quote and I've been quoted by a guy who regulary tucks hondas, and he said about £6/800. He said the only problem is Nissan have a habit wittg going crazy with wires aka too bloody much wires. I believe theres wires in the fenders as well but I could be wrong. When I get the sc kit and fit it I'll have a look into seeing if I can have a crack at it.

P,s hows your order coming along Ian ?

It does look very clinical IMO. :shrug:

Do t worry I wont go as far as just leaving shiny bits in the engine. Don't forget this is a G, so it's tidy in the first place. But, the wiring looms on the Zed just get flopped over the suspension strut and across the face of the engine.

I just want to remove some of the uglyness from the bay. Here's what Envy did to their car back in the day (can't think of his name) and he just slid hosing over the loom.

P1010243.jpg

I've asked around for a quote and I've been quoted by a guy who regulary tucks hondas, and he said about £6/800. He said the only problem is Nissan have a habit wittg going crazy with wires aka too bloody much wires. I believe theres wires in the fenders as well but I could be wrong. When I get the sc kit and fit it I'll have a look into seeing if I can have a crack at it.

P,s hows your order coming along Ian ?

Wow that much :surrender: no wonder people have a go DIY. Cheers for the input on that one :thumbs:

The order is on temporary hold at the mo with me not working (made redundant in Feb) so just being careful at the mo. in addition it's Jayne's 40th at the end of the month and we have a holiday and celebrations over the next two weeks so I'll need a small mortgage just to keep my head above the water. I'm sure I won't need to dip into my savings but need to be on the safe side. There's no rush as long as its done by mid summer.

Thing is the looms are damn ugly. Stick a bit of bling in the engine bay and the look is scuppered from the oem looms. I may just cover them like envy did if it's going to be a nuisance.

Interesting option..... I shall see what things look like once I add my recent acquisitions. I fear a tuck will be needed, but options to cover/wrap the oem cables in something more pleasing may be an alternative.