WANTED: Rear boot struts x 2

FUG

Hi there, seems to be a common problem with the Zed so not sure if anyone has a set of rear boot struts knocking about but really could do with some!

Countless times of nearly knocking myself out over the head with that heavy boot, if anyone has a set of x2 either OEM or after market (preferably heavy duty!) struts please let me know, price, postage etc!

Current car is 04 GT model so need struts that will fit that.

Thanks

Should find some uprated ones here.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-stru ... issan/350z

I come across these too but was bit confused by the two options (also mentioned) didnt know if the difference was coupe and roadster but it says coupe for both, unless this is a mistake? Also bit dubious about the fit, boot sitting flush etc? Any experience with them?

I got mine from there, great service, now they're so strong I struggle pulling the lid down lol

Were they easy enough to fit as a direct replacement or was cutting\grinding\welding involved??

Does the boot lid sit flush still?

I think the 27.99 ones are strong enough for a spoiler, the others aren't but I dont know, they're the ones I have.

They are a direct replacement, no cutting required, if you don't want new ones they will regas your oem ones if you can do without them.

Do you know how much they charge to re gas both struts?

Hi there, seems to be a common problem with the Zed so not sure if anyone has a set of rear boot struts knocking about but really could do with some!

Countless times of nearly knocking myself out over the head with that heavy boot, if anyone has a set of x2 either OEM or after market (preferably heavy duty!) struts please let me know, price, postage etc!

Thanks

Hi I got a pair from SGS. I recall something like £50 for a pair. If you have or intend to have a spoiler they sell a stronger pair of struts to take the weight. They fit perfectly and work well. I also renewed the thrust springs at the same time. Useful video here about changing them:

Mike :)

I think the 27.99 ones are strong enough for a spoiler, the others aren't but I dont know, they're the ones I have.

They are a direct replacement, no cutting required, if you don't want new ones they will regas your oem ones if you can do without them.

I don't sorry, but as far as I know it's cheaper than buying a new pair, but means you will have to do without yours for a few days, I don't know if you've ever felt the real weight of the boot, but its seriously heavy lol

Thanks

Hi I got a pair from SGS. I recall something like £50 for a pair. If you have or intend to have a spoiler they sell a stronger pair of struts to take the weight. They fit perfectly and work well. I also renewed the thrust springs at the same time. Useful video here about changing them:

Mike :)

Mike, have you got a link for new thrust springs and cost?

Cheers

I don't sorry, but as far as I know it's cheaper than buying a new pair, but means you will have to do without yours for a few days, I don't know if you've ever felt the real weight of the boot, but its seriously heavy lol

Dropped into there office in derby last week and they quoted me roughly 8 squid a strut, with a warranty if they fail within a timescale the price is discounted off a new pair :thumbs: