Compression test figures?

taffyjason

All cylinders should read approx the same.

It could highlight anyone of the mentioned issues TBH, head gasket is another possible issue. Con rod bearings? Loose spark plug? Crank worn? Piston degraded, scored bores, piston slap, list is endless until you have the results.

Each cylinder will read how much compression the chamber holds.

You'll know when theres a significant problem when one cylinder shows a large percentage difference.

At the end of the day they should all generate the same compression throughout each chamber. If not and as I say a significant difference you'll know there's a problem.

I had mine compression tested and bore scoped and all was within tolerance and clean.

thanks for the links btw, enlightened me thoroughly!

im still thinking of getting a second hand low milage cylinder block and getting it ported and polished, but most seem to think its an engine removal job, other say its better to get an aftermarket cyclinder block already polished...hmmmmm

any of you chaps removed the engine?

Only about a dozen time :lol: Me and Bob (Buster) have it down to 6 hours now!

The block does not get ported it gets re-bored :thumbs:

The heads can get ported and polished :thumbs:

Don't worry about a low mileage unit if you're having it ported and polished as you would expect to get the valves done and lapped in at the same time.

So get a hammered one and get it to a competent machine shop - Sorted B)

PS I have 2x cylinder heads and a block (needs a re-bore) sitting in the Zed shed PM me if you want more info.

thanks for the links btw, enlightened me thoroughly!

im still thinking of getting a second hand low milage cylinder block and getting it ported and polished, but most seem to think its an engine removal job, other say its better to get an aftermarket cyclinder block already polished...hmmmmm

Have a look at any of Keysers build threads.... :lol::lol::lol: