HELP - my Sky's knackered!!!

Digsy

Sky box is working OK but the remotes won't work. Red light comes on on the Sky box when i press a button but nothing actually happens. I've changed batteries and pressed the Sky button to no avail. Anyone got any ideas????

switch it off at the mains and leave it for 10 minutes. Plug it in again and turn it on - press sky button on remote or sky guide button and the welcome to sky channel should be displayed. It usually works and just resets itself. If not you'll have to give them a ring - they're usually pretty good.

Guest prescience

Good advice above - reset will usually sort you out.

For people who like these things, to access the Installer Menu (hidden) go into System Setup from Services and press 0(zero) 1 select :teeth:

my box has been doing this for a few weeks now and i need to turn it off at the wall and when it comes on press the tv guide button first to get it to work, it is just a new box they put in about 4 weeks ago due to the other one not picking up the signal or something

pretty annoying when you get in from work and sit down with your dinner only to have to get back up and faf about with the thing :rant:

Sky box is working OK but the remotes won't work. Red light comes on on the Sky box when i press a button but nothing actually happens. I've changed batteries and pressed the Sky button to no avail. Anyone got any ideas????

Get it happen occasionally on mine , just switch it off at the mains ,leave it for a couple of mins ,then it seems to sort itself out when it gets powered up again, Mines an old box though :surrender:

Followed the advice above and now all is well for the moment - cheers guys. :)

Seems like its just like any computer - it'll crash every now and again and needs switching on and off again. :surrender:

I was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday - Sky knackered, I-pod and Tom Tom both frozen and inoperative and this computer playing up on a regular basis. :angry: Could I have a magnetic field that f*cks up electrical equipment? The fact that I'm on my 4th mobile phone and 3rd sat nav in 12 months makes me wonder. Then again they could just be shoddily made. :dry:

Guest prescience

Seems like its just like any computer - it'll crash every now and again and needs switching on and off again. :surrender:

I was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday - Sky knackered, I-pod and Tom Tom both frozen and inoperative and this computer playing up on a regular basis. :angry: Could I have a magnetic field that f*cks up electrical equipment? The fact that I'm on my 4th mobile phone and 3rd sat nav in 12 months makes me wonder. Then again they could just be shoddily made. :dry:

You don't live next door to an MoD Establishment do you - one where they're testing electromagnetic pulse computer zapper technology :lol:

ever thought it could be you Digsy ?? you may have a force field round you :teeth: most lawyers do.. so the sh1t doesn't stick ;)

Is that the law graduate electromagnetic teflon force field you speak of Tim? I saw one on ebay, the seller said they it screwed up all their electronics.....

Maybe it's your new wheels Digsy, more static or something!

Is that the law graduate electromagnetic teflon force field you speak of Tim? I saw one on ebay, the seller said they it screwed up all their electronics.....

Maybe it's your new wheels Digsy, more static or something!

Thats the very one I meant Stew, glad you've heard of it to :teeth:

Guest prescience
My last log's just gone on the fire. Good job this didn't happen a fortnight ago! :cold:

It'll be the pump (its always the pump) - unless its the (sorry spelling) pieztrometic sensor. Either way its an easy fix.

Unless you have a new boiler - in which case, as any surveyor will tell you, they're all crap.

My last log's just gone on the fire. Good job this didn't happen a fortnight ago! :cold:

It'll be the pump (its always the pump) - unless its the (sorry spelling) pieztrometic sensor. Either way its an easy fix.

Unless you have a new boiler - in which case, as any surveyor will tell you, they're all crap.

Inherited the boiler with the house 12 months ago. Its a Worcester combi and is likely to be less than 5 years old. :dry:

I have managed to get the burners to light but they go out again after about 15-20 secs. :angry:

Guest prescience

Inherited the boiler with the house 12 months ago. Its a Worcester combi and is likely to be less than 5 years old. :dry:

I have managed to get the burners to light but they go out again after about 15-20 secs. :angry:

thermostat i.e eletronics i.e expense for no good reason - sorry :blush:

if it's firing, some annoying bit of electronics is turning it off - you have fuel, combustion etc

thermostat i.e eletronics i.e expense for no good reason - sorry :blush:

if it's firing, some annoying bit of electronics is turning it off - you have fuel, combustion etc

And this normally means money. The engineer will just come in and change an entire electronic circuitboard. Unless it really is something else. :)