A little help

Rish

Does anyone know any of these cars? And do they seem priced realistically? Any suggestions, comments, advice welcome.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3699508.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3708551.htm

Owned by an enthusiast previously? Anyone on here?

There is a difference in mileage ( but then they're both about 8 years old!) but does that justify the significant price difference?

The 2nd guy has a much nicer house :thumbs:

Hm, I seriously doubt it's his house. But thanks for your useful response. :p

Haha ok slightly more useful response.

The first car has standard (heavier) alloys whereas the second has the forged Rays alloys which are quite sought after and it also has a spoiler and a Pop Charger :thumbs:

Both have new HU's

The 2nd one 'sounds' like it has been cherished more and the owner seems to know a little about the car but hard to tell until you actually go and see them. A 2004 car even with fairly low mileage would have to be in pretty mint condition to warrant £9k really... :shrug:

The 2nd guy has a much nicer house :thumbs:

Hm, I seriously doubt it's his house. But thanks for your useful response. :p

Haha ok slightly more useful response.

The first car has standard (heavier) alloys whereas the second has the forged Rays alloys which are quite sought after and it also has a spoiler and a Pop Charger :thumbs:

Both have new HU's

The 2nd one 'sounds' like it has been cherished more and the owner seems to know a little about the car but hard to tell until you actually go and see them. A 2004 car even with fairly low mileage would have to be in pretty mint condition to warrant £9k really... :shrug:

Thanks Dave. I agree the second one looks a little better on paper but didn't understand how it is close to 2K better. I do want one with Rays but then how much are a set of Rays with tyres?

Having done the pop charger in the past, I wasn't most impressed. Also had the Nismo spoiler and now that i'm older (Oh god!) don't want one with it. I'll have a chat with both sometime in the week and go from there.

Has anyone on here ever had a Pre-purchase inspection done? Having bought and sold a few nice cars (and looked at many lemons along the way) I have a general idea of what to look for and am usually happy getting down on all fours anor sliding under a car but having a professional look at it would be handy.

Thanks Jetset, my gut feeling is that it is overpriced too. But i haven't been tracking prices and didn't seem to come across as someone talking prices down whilst purchasing.

It is difficult to tell until you go and see them and better still drive them.

Rays I think you can get a decent set without tyres for maybe £400ish.... They are a LOT lighter than the standard wheels I believe :thumbs:

At the end of the day you won't know if your car is overpriced until you have it, for example the first one could have had a new clutch a month ago and the second still on its original one which could pack up in a month.... then you have a bill of around £800-£1k :surrender:

First one is worth about £6.5k in reality, that seems to be what they are going for right about now. The second one has the advantage of having 15k less miles, Nismo spoiler and Rays. I would pay £1k more for the second than the first, but I am a tight B45t4rd :yahoo: