Stock Catalysers (problem solved, not needed now)

ianphampton

Did they let the car run for a while, if it is only just failing then that might get them under the limit....

Had 2 MOT's with mine on and no problems whatsoever :shrug:

Have just PMd you Dave but you have already answered my question. Please ignore the PM :thumbs:

Did they let the car run for a while, if it is only just failing then that might get them under the limit....

Had 2 MOT's with mine on and no problems whatsoever :shrug:

Have just PMd you Dave but you have already answered my question. Please ignore the PM :thumbs:

Damn just sent you a HUGE reply :blush:

Just a bit more info, 1st MOT was at Abbey 2nd one was at a local place which another member recommended and is 5 minutes from me :thumbs:

Mine passed at Lockwood & Greenwood with HFCs fitted but I do still have the original cats from my 04 if you want to borrow them for MOT? I'd sell them but I know I'll end up paying more for a pair when I come to sell the zed!

Just PM me if you do want to borrow them, I'm in all week, M28.

Isn't this forum a fantastic place! Many Thanks for the offers of help and the advice received.

Passing on the information to the MOT garage, they took her out and " . . pushed her pretty hard" (Their words) and now called me back to say "All OK, passed this time"

Seems all it took was to get her properly hot enough and 'Hey! Presto' - Bob's your uncle.

Anyway - Thanks again for the offers of help

(The guys at Abbey had offered to remap the ECU to super low emissions, send it back, pass the MOT, return it and re-map her back to where she is now - so plenty of other solutions in play, too!)

Oh, and by the way - I called Westway Stockport for a price for new stock cats. For my JDM, they were £748 each (plus VAT) so £1795.20 including VAT - alternatively the UK ones (With no guarantee and NOT returnable if they didn't fit as my girl is Japanese) were £720 for one side and £738 for the other (eh? Different prices each side? ) = £1749.60. I said I'd think about it, and didn't order them. . . .

'Robbing Bar-Stewards' comes to mind. . . .

Cheers

Ian

Isn't this forum a fantastic place! Many Thanks for the offers of help and the advice received.

Passing on the information to the MOT garage, they took her out and " . . pushed her pretty hard" (Their words) and now called me back to say "All OK, passed this time"

Seems all it took was to get her properly hot enough and 'Hey! Presto' - Bob's your uncle.

(The guys at Abbey had offered to remap the ECU to super low emissions, send it back, pass the MOT, return it and re-map her back to where she is now - so plenty of other solutions in play, too!)

Oh, and by the way - I called Westway Stockport for a price for new stock cats. For my JDM, they were £748 each (plus VAT) so £1795.20 including VAT - alternatively the UK ones (With no guarantee and NOT returnable if they didn't fit as my girl is Japanese) were £720 for one side and £738 for the other (eh? Different prices each side? ) = £1749.60. I said I'd think about it, and didn't order them. . . .

Cheers

Ian

Glad you got it sorted.... they have to thrash my old Toyota every year to get it through the MOT. Interesting price for the OEM Cats :scare: They go for very modest amounts 2nd hand on Ebay.

Cheers

I

Glad you got it sorted.... they have to thrash my old Toyota every year to get it through the MOT. Interesting price for the OEM Cats :scare: They go for very modest amounts 2nd hand on Ebay.

Damn it! When I got my Berks fitted at Abbey a few weeks ago, they asked me if I wanted the stock cats anymore and I said I had no need for them! Could have sold them on! :bang: