DVLA called me today..............

Revsport

I had a call from the dvla today saying that they want to see my 350z import :scare:

I think they are checking up what i am doing with 2 350z's or something as 2 weeks ago i purchased a JDM 350z and have had my UK azure for 2 years now. Either that or they think i hae too many cars for personal use :blush: but they are mine im addicted to cars.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before??? If so whats it all about. :surrender::surrender:

Im getting my visit at 9.30 tommorow morning.

They must think you've got a ringing scam going or you're doing cut and shuts! They probably just want to see that there are actually two cars for some reason. My dad used to do up mini's and he was always getting visits. Mind you, I think he did actually stick them together...........

They must think you've got a ringing scam going or you're doing cut and shuts! They probably just want to see that there are actually two cars for some reason. My dad used to do up mini's and he was always getting visits. Mind you, I think he did actually stick them together...........

easier to do with mini's though as there is no chassis, instead its made up of two sub frames which the body bolts onto.

I think he actually stuck a clubman back on a standard mini front once! He used to put my mum in some right death traps when we were kids. She was driving us somewhere once and the steering wheel came off in her hands! It didn't work, she's still here! :lol:

I had a call from the dvla today saying that they want to see my 350z import :scare:

I think they are checking up what i am doing with 2 350z's or something as 2 weeks ago i purchased a JDM 350z and have had my UK azure for 2 years now. Either that or they think i hae too many cars for personal use :blush: but they are mine im addicted to cars.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before??? If so whats it all about. :surrender::surrender:

Im getting my visit at 9.30 tommorow morning.

Didn't you ask them what they wanted? I'd have certainly asked them WTH for.... :boxing:

If they were suspicious about you having two Z's surely the'd get the old bill around before giving you 'notice'?

Highly suspect :ohmy:

Guest prescience
Since the DVLA is a Government department, it is almost impossible to believe that they would not have had to provide documentation to support any visit.

I would simply not be there when they turn up leaving a note that you are not able to entertain unsolicted visits. That will buy you some time to get this checked out with the DVLA officially

They have no powers to insist you are there at their behest anyway as far as I am aware.

Got there in the end :p

Its all cool. :)

They had lost some records when it was registered in the uk and needed to check the vin number as it has allways had a private plate on it since it was imported.

Mostly a **** up on there side :blush: but partly on the import companys side.

I was scared it was a grey import when the car is stolen in Japan when its nearly new. Shipped here falsely registered then when the 1st mot is passed the real vin number flags up the stolen car. :scare:

Lew

I was scared it was a grey import when the car is stolen in Japan when its nearly new. Shipped here falsely registered then when the 1st mot is passed the real vin number flags up the stolen car. :scare:

Lew

Wonder what would happen if that was the case - cant see them deporting your car!

But you have Azure? ;) i'll get my coat

Did they show you identification though mate as it still seems dodgy to me.

Lew

Wonder what would happen if that was the case - cant see them deporting your car!

they take it off you and it belongs to the Insurance Co. that initially paid out in Japan , In practice you generally get first refusal if you want to buy it back :scare: or it will go to auction so the Insurance Co. can recoup some of it's losses

Guest prescience
But you have Azure? ;) i'll get my coat

Did they show you identification though mate as it still seems dodgy to me.

:pB) COAT TIME LOL

Yea he had dvla documents. but no id :dry:

Lew

They now know everything about the car [make, colour, type], your name and address, VIN, mileage - and no ID you say - alarm bells here mate :scare:

As I said above, I'd have told them to contact me officially by letter first - let's hope for the best. Did you establish with the DVLA that they were sending representatives to you?

They now know everything about the car [make, colour, type], your name and address, VIN, mileage - and no ID you say - alarm bells here mate :scare:

As I said above, I'd have told them to contact me officially by letter first - let's hope for the best. Did you establish with the DVLA that they were sending representatives to you?

Exactly my thoughts, there is no way i would have let them anywhere near me or my details, period!

Lets hope its all legit mate, just be cautions and play it cool

Have heard of something like this before with a mates Honda integra, it was a scam, not racist but Nigerians were trying to rob him of car and money, yet claimed to b part of DVLA. They managed to get his info from going through customs check as he imported it himself.

Be careful and call DVLA up themselves.

Too many scams going on lately :dry: