Accessing the electric windows guide...

dunc1n1101

Hi folks

Both my electric windows are stuck closed. Im hoping the the motors just need a good clean. Is there a guide anywhere on here that shows how to gain access to the motors and take them off to clean/replace them???

I dont wnat to start tearing my door to bits to find that I cant get it all back together!!!

Cheers

Dunc1n

It is more than likely just the bushes inside the motor if they get stuck and dont make contact with the rotor it wont work , giving you the impression it has given up . If I get time this week I will make a guide to show how to check / maintain your window motors :thumbs:

Oh that would be amazing if you could do that for me mate!!!!! :yahoo:

There is no noise at all whenyou push the window button, I would ususally expect to hear the motor TRYING to roll the window, which makes me think its the fuse thats blown.

I had a look at the BCM fuse within the fuse box but I have no idea how to tell if the fuse is gone or no. How the hell do I tell this?!?!?

Than ks again

If you take the fuse out and look at the side of it (into the plastic part) , there should be a compete (kind of bridge) connecting the two prongs that stick out the plastic togeather if its black or not connected then the fuse has blown, if it is connected then it's fine .

Do you here a relay click when you press the window button in ???

I took the car down to my local halfords tonight and one of their electrical guys had a look at it. At first he thought the fuse was blown because when he tried the window swithch there was no "click" or anything there was absolutely no noise at all. BUT after having a look at the fuse box he said all the fuses were fine!?!?!?

Im totally stumped. If it was the motor that was faulty then I would at least hear a click when the button is pressed!!!

I did find this in the drivers door compartment (see attached)

Is this the housing for the window motor??? If it is, then what coul ths mean???

Cheers

Yes the yellow/gold piece is the housing.

In the guide I wrote there are some pics of the housing and pics of the whole assembly.

For clarification did you dismantle this or was it just rocking around inside the door in its current state?

I'm pretty sure when my drivers door window stopped working there was no audible click when the button was pressed.

Hello mate,

I've had mine apart before, the part on the left certainly looks like the housing for the window motor, but I don't know what the other bits are for.

I found the guide (posted aboved) was very good - easy to follow and you should not have any issues doing it yourself. A strip down will at least tell whether or not you have a motor connected.

I take it you're a new owner? Where did you get the car - dealer should sort this out for you really mate.

Good luck :thumbs:

Yes the yellow/gold piece is the housing.

In the guide I wrote there are some pics of the housing and pics of the whole assembly.

For clarification did you dismantle this or was it just rocking around inside the door in its current state?

I'm pretty sure when my drivers door window stopped working there was no audible click when the button was pressed.

Just had a look at that guide you wrote , very detailed and well put together mate :thumbs:

Wish I seen it before I tryed would of saved me abit of time hahaha

The cover on the left is the magnetic part of the motor ( stator) this gose over the top of the windings (rotor) and the winding's use the magnetic of this to spin . If this makes sense to you ???

What else do you have in your door ???

I never actually dismantled the door to find this, it was already in the little pocket on the driver door. Its almost as if the guy has taken the motors out of the windows and put them in another car or something and just left the parts he doesnt need sitting in the Z (in the pocket)?!?!? Would that make sense??

Im going to strip the doors down anyway and have a look to see what I can find...... Im kinda nervous about this! I hope its as easy as everyone says. Bearing in mind that I am a total noob when it comes to cars, but I am really wanting to learn, so I suppose I have to start somewhere........

Cheers folks