My first Z - Max £15,000

Ross Mac

Hi - Im busy hunting for my first Z.

Ideally I want one with full leather interior, bose and brembo's. Most colours would be considered.

I dont mind if its a JDM import (as long as its fully converted, rust proofed etc etc) or a UK car as long as it is in good condition and has been well looked after.

Ideally under 40k miles but would look at each car on its own merit.

Tastefully modified examples would also be an option.

I've searched pistonheads, top marques and trader but as yet there doesnt seem to be many that tick all the boxes whilst remaining in budget.

If anyone finds any gems, or knows of one for sale please pm me or mail me at ross@rossandhelen.orangehome.co.uk.

Im up in Newcastle but would travel for the right car.

I also have a lovely mk4 golf gti turbo in case anyone woul take a part ex.

Thanks

Ross

Sorry for cluttering up your thread but I wouldn't worry about Bose as hardly anyone rates it (myself included - it's no more than average) The brembos are good though.

Custom Leather can be done for £500 too as it's seats only.

Sorry for cluttering up your thread but I wouldn't worry about Bose as hardly anyone rates it (myself included - it's no more than average) The brembos are good though.

Custom Leather can be done for £500 too as it's seats only.

I concur. BOSE was first thing to go. I would have gone non GT in hindsight. :headhurt:

Thanks for the info so far guys - its all as clear as mud now!! ;)

I really want it to have brembo's but like you say if its just seats then a retrim for £500, exactly how I want seems a good idea.

What spec of Jap Import will I be looking at if I want brembo's and a few toys? Do they all come with the screen? If not what goes in the cubby hole?

I viewed a JDM up here last weekend which was fresh off the boat - the bloke said that the sat nav can be converted to UK and that it can be used as a multimedia screen - is that the case? Is it expensive?

The buttons near the screen were all in Jap - can they be changed at all?

Ross

Have no problem with the Bose and like it along with the heated seats which have been handy this time of year. Yep it's a tad expensive in comparrison for what you get but then I didn't want to be ripping out head unit and was happy to pay extra for the GT and its extras

Plently to think about then!!

I'll just keep searching the classifieds, top marques, trader etc etc until I find one. Id rather have one thats already in the country but from what I've heard JC Imports up near me are worth talking to??

If anyone hears of one please let me know.

I'll just keep searching the classifieds, top marques, trader etc etc until I find one. Id rather have one thats already in the country but from what I've heard JC Imports up near me are worth talking to??

Autotraders bursting at the seams with Zeds for sale , probably the best time to buy is now ! , before Spring arrives ;)

If you can wait the new model will bump the second hand prices down slightly.

If it turns out to be only 2-3 months then people will be trying to sell older 06 models before new 07 is released.

dont think an 06 will be down to the £15K mark though quite yet Steve ?

neither do I, but might drive the 03 down by £500 if there is a flood of 06's in show rooms.

I would be using it as a bargaining chip if I was going to buy one now, therefore may help get it a little lower.

Does anyone know what happened to the JP cars, surely they must have gone cheap.

Have you seen this?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/133452.htm

:thumbs:

Have you seen this?

some nice extras on that for the money :thumbs:

Have you seen this?

some nice extras on that for the money :thumbs:

Looks good for the money don't it :D

Yeah I've seen that one and been in touch with him a few times about it to get a bit more info.

I must say it's one of the better ones in that price region but call me picky but its the lack of brembo's that is putting me off a bit.

I just think that they look so much cooler with a big brake kit on them

Yeah I've seen that one and been in touch with him a few times about it to get a bit more info.

I must say it's one of the better ones in that price region but call me picky but its the lack of brembo's that is putting me off a bit.

I just think that they look so much cooler with a big brake kit on them

I wouldn't let the lack of Brembos put you off...can always be added...it'd be cheaper than half the mods already on this car.