Newbie 350z owner needing a bit of help!!

b3nturlz

Hi everyone I just bought a 350z and I’m pretty new to all this forum business so bear with me here...

due to this "petrol crisis" and the queuing up for three quarters of an hour to even get into a station, in my haste I have put low octane fuel into my 350z, at the time I thought nothing of it, but after looking at some of the posts on here it seems like it could have been a bit of a mistake..

My question, is it absolutely vital that only higher octane fuel should go into the 350z? And what consequences are there for using the lower octane stuff?

Ben

Dont worry, there are goingto be occasions where you have no choice but to put the low octane fuel in. When we were all on the hoon is was very tricky finding garages with the good stuff so we had to put the low octane fuel in.

Just make sure you fill up with the super when you can find some.

Welcome Ben :wave:

First thing I would say is don't worry, it's unlikely putting standard fuel in your Zed is going to kill it on this one occasion, as the guys have said.

The links Zugara's posted are worth a read, hava nose at them so that you're more informed. Just be gentle on the accelerator and don't push over 5000 rev's. Get some VPower or Tesco Momentum in there as soon as you have a chance, even if its just ten pounds here, ten pounds there to start to bring the ratio of high octane fuel in the tank up. :thumbs:

In answer to your question yes, high octane fuel is recommend as a manufacturer requirement, so please use it.You might look like a panic fuel buyer for a few days unfortunately! :lol: