Best place to get tyres in E Yorks?

twobears

I need new fronts but no idea if it's a good idea to go to QuickFit type place? I've only just got my Zed and rears are ok but fronts near legal limit. Doing track day soon so want best tyres I can get. Please be kind as I am not technical and only bought my car because I fell in love with it on dealer's forecourt when I went up to get new batteries for Range Rover remote :blush:

Part of the Bridgestone Empire by the looks of it. One suggestion is that their tyres are based on defunct Bridgestone patterns so they'll just be a budget tyre.

Lassa was established in 1974 by the Sabancı Group, the leading industrial conglomerate in Turkey, and started production in 1978. In response to developments in the world tyre industry, the Sabancı Group and the Bridgestone Corporation of Japan became joint venture partners in November 1988. The new company, BRISA Bridgestone Sabancı Tyre Manufacturing and Trading Inc., represented Turkey's largest Japanese investment at that time. The joint venture synergy allowed the company to increase its capacity and product range.

Pete

Yes I'd figured that out (which is quite good for me ) :blush: They are Bridgestones on rear but something I've never heard of on fronts - they say Lassa Phenomena?

Have a look on the tyre if it says re40 or re50 they are basically the oem tyre. What is the best tyre is up for for discussion! Bridgestones are good but not cheap re50 are the newer model and considered a lot better.

Blackcircles.com is a a good place to start. Pretty user friendly and you can order and pay for fitting at a local supplier all online. Other brands of tyre worth considering include vredstien, falken, continental, toyo and many more. Have a look in the subforum for recomendations or there are many tyre review sites. But if you are wanting to stay same on all four youll need to know exactly which bridgestones you have.

Remember you tend to get what you pay for :)

• 2 months later...

Hi mate if your based near Hull call easy fix tyres and ask to speak to vinny he will do a good deal :thumbs:

+1

Tell him Chris the dentist sent you or let me know and I ll pop round too, i only live 500yards from there. He also does nitrogen. He ll do you the best price in hull :)

Thanks everyone but this is an old post of mine that has been resurrected for some reason! I've got my tyres now but thanks for the recommendations anyway :thumbs:

Greekman, my dentist is in Hull. I don't think it's you though. Look at my lovely shiny teeth :teeth::lol: