Paint Worries

wes.brook

Just been cleaning the Z and noticed something rather concerning :(

First I noticed the rear bumber was not cleaning, at all, above the exhaust pipes. Looked grubby and could not remove the grime.

Looking closer to the other parts replaced following my recent NDE, and I've noticed the sills and front bumper are starting to develop a greeny tint. It's worse on the sills :thumbdown:

Anyone know what this might be before I ring the bodyshop Monday and raise hell?

Yup - Try a clay bar. If you've never used one before you might be surprised how much crap it will get off from the paintwork.

indeed!

Saw it used for the first time this weekend on a friends car we were detailing (well, technically spoken, my ex-car which i've neglected a bit on the cleaning side :blush: ) and indeed its impressive, also on wheels. But dont forget to polish and wax afterwards as it is quite an aggressive process ;)

Yup - Try a clay bar. If you've never used one before you might be surprised how much crap it will get off from the paintwork.

indeed!

Saw it used for the first time this weekend on a friends car we were detailing (well, technically spoken, my ex-car which i've neglected a bit on the cleaning side :blush: ) and indeed its impressive, also on wheels. But dont forget to polish and wax afterwards as it is quite an aggressive process ;)

+1..I'm a recent convert to the clay bar process...very impressive results :thumbs:

Thanks for the tips fellas :thumbs:

Took her back to the body-shop today. Dude says the green is something to do with the primer and will be re-spraying both bumpers and skirts. Cannot say fairer than that.

Another few days in the Stoneacre Super Punto to look forward to then :blush: