STOLEN iPad

BulletMagnet

Just a heads up. If somebody in Glasgow gets offered a first generation iPad with 3G, please take a picture of the person on your camera phone and show it to the police.

Over the weekend my brother was helping my dad move down to Ipswich from Glasgow, so we can keep a closer eye on him as his medical condition isn't optimal.

Whilst loading the van with my fathers belongings from the rear, an oppertunistic scumbag stole my brothers girlfriends handbag from the vans cab.

It contained her purse, house keys and said iPad.

Cards have been cancelled and locks have been replaced.

For the IT superbrains out there, is it possible to trace the iPads MAC address from the iPads serial number? My bro did say that he did not activate the "Find My iPad" function.

Can the find my iPad app not be activated from an iPhone even if it's not activated on the iPad? :shrug:

No, if location services is turned off, then it can't be found. But if your brother left it on, the next time its powered up it should report the location.

Yes, my bro already called Apple and it seems that they cannot trace it live, guess they could trace the serial and try tracking it via iTunes

Everyone needs a credit card and address to use iTunes......... so it will turn up at some point :thumbs: , unless its in a hedge or the canal already :thumbdown: