Low Mileage Engine VQ35DE

bkjmr

Neil, Why do you say there are too many differences?

I'm running an HR engine in place of a revup. Abbey did need to build a new wiring loom.

Didn't think there was much difference between the DE and revup

the revup has exhaust cam control....

I know all about your engine change as i was about to do the same and it simply wasnt worth the hassle. I spoke to alex about it before and i've decided to steer clear of it.

If the op does go hr, it means, new loom, new gearbox, new clutch, new manifold, new cats, new bonnet, new strut brace amongst lots of other things.

Best bet is to get an non revup block and do a straight swap.

How much did you pay to get your engine change fully complete out of interest?

A small fortune... I think it was about 6.5k including the engine, gear box and other bits from ZMANALEX.

It was about the same as having the old engine rebuilt with new pistons and bits.

The Z is currently at Abbey have the GTM TT installed. :yahoo:

That's alot lol.

That was the reason I looked at the hr as I was thinking about twin turboing one

A small fortune... I think it was about 6.5k including the engine, gear box and other bits from ZMANALEX.

It was about the same as having the old engine rebuilt with new pistons and bits.

I saw it there the other day when I dropped mine off. Very very tidy installation it looks too. I wasn't jealous at all .... honest!! :lol:

To the OP, it would be worth calling Abbey as they may be rebuilding a motor at the moment. Worth a try!

For that price i would go for a LS engine swap B) ,

wish I did instead of getting mine rebuilt :thumbdown: ( which cost 3.2k )

That's alot lol.

That was the reason I looked at the hr as I was thinking about twin turboing one

I agree that is quite a lot.

We need to start getting some of these ominous FI projects on the forum!

GTM make some good sh!t though i hear their customer service is not that great. Anyone know how much torque the standard HR block can take?

What you doing with the old engine I have one with a blown top end, put em together we have a whole engine :)

I'm not too sure yet. My guy is going to take it out and have a look to see if it can be reconditioned or not.