Most economical speed on the motorway

HassanZ

when im low on fuel its eco 5 on the throttle controller and 55 to 60 on motorway gets quite good mpg i dont get any noise except the 'donk donk' noise when i go over the lines from the tyre,s thats really annoying theres about a 2 mile stretch of it on m25

Is that in 6th though as I doubt you would even be at 2k revs at 55 the engine would be laboring a bit surely :shrug:

I never used eco on my speed controller, I tried it once and it felt like the car was broken and in limp mode... :surrender:

making sure your tyres are at the right pressure can have just as big an effect on MPG as much as 10%

making sure your car is super clean will reduce wind drag by 0.5%

not having your window open will have about 15% affect

not using aircon will have about 5% affect

yeah in 6th is labouring a bit i think but was nearly on empty and the petrol station i usually go to closed that night!!so was more worried on finding and making it to next one! i stayed at around 2k but do know i would never had made it in normal mode relying on myself not keep putting too much gas on

yeah it does feel like that but jump from that straight to sport 7 and wow what a difference :lol:

Ideally keep your fuel above half and generally dont worry about it :lol:

yeah in 6th is labouring a bit i think but was nearly on empty and the petrol station i usually go to closed that night!!so was more worried on finding and making it to next one! i stayed at around 2k but do know i would never had made it in normal mode relying on myself not keep putting too much gas on

yeah it does feel like that but jump from that straight to sport 7 and wow what a difference :lol:

Ideally keep your fuel above half and generally dont worry about it :lol:

Yeah I remember when I got my D1 from ZMan he said whatever you do don't go straight to SP7.... :blush:

These engines are pretty awesome at high revs too as long as you are not sharply accelerating/descelerating. I did around 300 miles at an average speed of 118 mph through Germany three days ago and filled up with 23 litres remaining in the tank = MPG of around 24. Epic.

On a side note, it was pretty busy all the way and I didn't manage to get a clear run at any point, but I did hit 156 mph (251 kph) on one short stretch and the car was still pulling very strongly when I had to slow down for traffic ahead. This is SatNav speed (speedo was showing 165-170 mph) so there goes my preconception that there is a 155mph speedo limiter.