oilpressure gauge readings high

bobmac

as title guys when i start the Z the gauge moved over to just above 75?. when its under load the gauge moves right over to the extreme right hand side, i assume its an electronic gauge, is this a common fault ? i suppose the answer im looking for would be along the lines of " yea all you need to do is start the car engage neutral put the drivers window all the way down and back up and that should sort it" :p

From what I've read the oil pressure sender usually over-reads for a while when it's on its way out before eventually just becoming permanently pegged. Has it always done this or is it a recent development? If it's always done it then my money would be on incorrect weight of oil.

DB

well what a shock !!!! just been to my local nissan dealer (chorley nissan) and been quoted £86 + VAT for the oil pressure sensor, and get this only ! £160 for the oil pump,( one of the mechanics mentioned that the pressure relief valve in the pump could be at fault) does anyone know how i can test the sensor, dont want to go down the road of throwing bits at it until its cured,couldnt afford to do that anyway BTW bought one for my old RX7 and it cost £6.80 +VAT :headhurt: