GT4 or GT4?

elrao

In the ongoing personal saga that is my quest to change the wheels on my car I find myself facing the dilemma of GT4 alloys of GT4 alloys...of course I mean the Nismo LMGT4 and the Anniversary Edition GT4s.

I can get a set an original set of GT4 rims, 18" - as this is the only size they come in for $1,425 (+ taxes) delivered to blighty

14455954570.jpg

OR

I can get a set of silver LMGT4s in either 18" or 19" delivered for $1,900 (+ taxes).

S_4187.jpg

Am stuck for which to go for, a set of 19" Nismo GT4s or the 18" Limited Edition GT4s, my head is having a :boxing: match with itself!

Does anyone have either of these alloys on a Gunmetal car, with or without the Nismo kit?

Guest prescience

Are you convinced 18"s will supply the traction you need; the car would break free in a straight line on even a slightly damp surface on Volks 19"s with Toyos

If you must have an 18, go for a heavier wheel to increase your axle moment of inertia which may be good enough :)

Are you convinced 18"s will supply the traction you need; the car would break free in a straight line on even a slightly damp surface on Volks 19"s with Toyos

If you must have an 18, go for a heavier wheel to increase your axle moment of inertia which may be good enough :)

That was one of the things I was considering - whether or not I could get enough rubber on the road with an 18 inch rim. I have noticed wheel spin with the 275 Toyos when putting my foot down in second gear going in a straight line!

Thinking of changing the rims and keeping the same spec of tyres.

I was going to do 285/35/18 (on 9.5 wide) on the back and 255/35/18 (8.5) on the front

Yeah, just looked up on Rochford's tyre calculator and it said a 9.5" rim could take a 285 tyre.

Think I am going to for the 19" Nismos and the 255 / 285 combo!

I was going to do 285/35/18 (on 9.5 wide) on the back and 255/35/18 (8.5) on the front

Yeah, just looked up on Rochford's tyre calculator and it said a 9.5" rim could take a 285 tyre.

Think I am going to for the 19" Nismos and the 255 / 285 combo!

Good call

Guest prescience
eh?

Fair point. I had typed a load of stuff but there comes a point when my input becomes irrelevant (it was probably months ago ;))

Guest prescience
eh?

Fair point. I had typed a load of stuff but there comes a point when my input becomes irrelevant (it was probably months ago ;))

eh?

Dorian - i value your input still - you know A LOT more about my car than I do!!!

In the process of ordering the Nismos, shipping next Tuesday :)

Now on to choosing some tyres - and finding a good deal on them!!