Boot space underneath the 370z boot carpet ?

andyvvc

Just a quick question: Does anyuone have any pics of what is under the boot carpet in the 370z? Is it similar to the 350z with essentially wasted space (space saver and a few tools) or is there little that can be removed from below the 370x boot carpet?

It does seem like there is actually a bit less boot space in the 370 coupe compared to the 350. I was hoping some space could be freed-up by removing the carpet and anything under it that isnt needed? I seem to recall at the NEC Auto show last year the Nissan reps told me there was an amp and some other bits below the carpet which can't be removed, unlike the space-saver in the 350z. Is that right?

Much like the 350z Andy. Only with them moving the strut brace under the floor rather than over, there is less space in the boot compartment compared to the 350z, whereas there is probably a little more under the carpet.

Underneath the carpet IRRC there is the amp for BOSE - but now infront of the strut and not in the corner like the 350z. The BOSE sub is designed to fit in a spare wheel (which is missing and replaced with foam), loads of other foam and tyre inflator and thats about it. So loads of room to make some compartments to stash stuff.

If you dig around there was a recent thread where a member had the BOSE sub removed I think and he replaced it with a neat lower boot compartment.

Thats the one, has a nice before pic too. Very similar to the 350z except you dont have the spare wheel, just some foam where it would go. So you could get quite a lot of spare space in there if you wanted :thumbs:

The sub woofer seems lost in the 370 boot floor. I assume its not *that* awesome? And can be removed by just unclipping the connector and unscrewing it from the mount...? This means LOTS more boot space if i then get someone to professionally upholster the boot floor with carpet etc...... not that i'm considering a 370z of course. Terrible cars :p [Andy taps his feet and tries to wish another year or so of depreciation off second-hand 370z values..... must.....resist......370.....purchase.....]

The sub woofer seems lost in the 370 boot floor. I assume its not *that* awesome? And can be removed by just unclipping the connector and unscrewing it from the mount...? This means LOTS more boot space if i then get someone to professionally upholster the boot floor with carpet etc...... not that i'm considering a 370z of course. Terrible cars :p [Andy taps his feet and tries to wish another year or so of depreciation off second-hand 370z values..... must.....resist......370.....purchase.....]

Yes, if you do away with the sub-woofer and its plastic sit-on mount and the foam surround you will have a fair bit of extra space, as you can see here :thumbs:

P1060502.jpg

The trim stonehenge had done does look as well B)

But no spare wheel :thumbdown: ..........................unless you do an Ebized

spacesaver.jpg