De-cat remap Query

Mr mav

Yes it will most likely throw a fault unless you get spacers or have a remap and you would need a remap to get the best out of them anyway :thumbs: from what I have read on here HFCs or decats make the engine run lean but someone more knowledgable can confirm that :snack:

Must be mighty loud with a K1 and decats :headhurt:

• 2 weeks later...

Having bought de-cats recently and been concerned with the possibility of running lean, I did some thinking back to my engines lectures at uni. I realised that the ECU only uses closed-loop mode (ie. adjusting fuelling based on lambda values) during steady-speed and thottle-closed events. As soon as you plant it, the ECU switches to open-loop mode to give safe acceleration enrichment and therefore uses the Nissan-set map. Hence the air-fuel ratio does not depend on the O2 sensors during hard driving.

So I would say that you're safe from that point of view. This is assuming that damage won't occur from slightly lean running during closed-loop running. Hopefully it's just a case of preventing the pesky CEL coming on ;)

Having bought de-cats recently and been concerned with the possibility of running lean, I did some thinking back to my engines lectures at uni. I realised that the ECU only uses closed-loop mode (ie. adjusting fuelling based on lambda values) during steady-speed and thottle-closed events. As soon as you plant it, the ECU switches to open-loop mode to give safe acceleration enrichment and therefore uses the Nissan-set map. Hence the air-fuel ratio does not depend on the O2 sensors during hard driving.

So I would say that you're safe from that point of view. This is assuming that damage won't occur from slightly lean running during closed-loop running. Hopefully it's just a case of preventing the pesky CEL coming on ;)

its been checked on the dyno and these cars do run lean on full throttle and part throttle with decats without a map....