Seized nismo valve caps on old tyre valves...

Karlp

So had my front tyres replaced this morning but my nismo valve caps have seized onto the old valves! :yuck: the garage couldnt get them off, they given me the old valves with the caps on, tried wd40 and pliers so far, anyone else got some suggestions :thumbs:

PS Had some Kumho Escta Sports fitted to replace the Michelin Pilots, so far so good. Anybody else used these with LMGT4's.

cheap ones do rust on, seen it happen before to members. Be very careful trying to remove them as they can split the valve altogether.

Get some good quality replacement ones if when you het them off. Richbrook anti theft ones are vey good

Which ones are they ? Black,Silver or CF ?

I had the silver ones and had no issues..

Give them a good soaking but as Mike says be careful.

I stopped advertising them as they were just bought for Wales last year for the stall but I think I have a set of all three somewhere, I can post you a replacement set in the post. These are nismo 'style' ones if off me.Or I can get you genuine ones if you want and knock a bit off for you. Might be a few weeks though as I've only just placed a stock order which is due tomorrow.

:thumbs:

Hey Tarmac yeh there are the silver ones with the little black nismo sticker, I would get some more but I need to get the 2 off the rear first that are seized??

Soak them buddy, WD40 even spermicidal lube !!

Give em a good dousing and then get a grip on them tomorrow and give them a gentle twist.

Will do dude but can't soak my rear wheels in wd40 :(