scuffed a polished rim

john smith

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

gutted , like a fish.

didnt see the b@5t4rd jutt out and ive scuffed an otherwise mint front rim, there 2 peice volks with the polished rim

is there a

a) cheap way of mending it

B) any way of mending it.

its not ravaged just a 8 inch long rash :headhurt:

Did the same on one of mine, bus on the side of the road with passengers disembarking, traffic island in the middle of the road. Passenger walks out from behind bus and I swerve and clump the traffic island, as he dashes off realising what he had caused :rant:

Did the same thing yesterday.

Having the bad one repaired then all 4 polished rims painted instead of polished.

I look after my wheels and clean them correctly and seal them regularly but they still started to perish,even on tiny marks.

Ill get them back wednesday,I think they will still look as good but without the worry.

This is before painted rim.(£25 each)

Ill post the results for you to see when i pick them up.

attachment]

How bad is the damage? If its not too deep, some places will grind is out and reseal, if theres a lot missing then the answer is to TIG weld metal back onto the rim, then grind it back - this obviously takes a bit more time and talent.

The only place I know that arent scared by anything other than chromed rims (and everyone is scared by chrome rims) is Wheelgenie, near Huntingdon - Ive spoken to a lot of other places and very few will take on repairs on high end wheels like they will, they will also relacquer the wheel so you dont have to clean it every week :thumbs: