Iridium Spark plugs?

_BR1TT0N_

Hiya, people always say about gettin iridium spark plugs instead of the platinum ones. I have an 03 import zed. What type of ones do I need to get? This company asked me for a number for them? Also what advantages do these have? Cheers

The only difference between iridium plugs and other precious metal plugs is the service life, the better spark bit is just hype, if someone had actually made a better sparking plug they would have cornered the market by now, plug manufactures have been claiming the "new better plug" bit for over a hundred years now ;)

Denso Iridium is the preferred choice of the informed: ;):#1:

Plenty in stock for 350Z DE, 350Z HR, 370Z and GTR R35.

Alex. :)

I wondered where you were Alex :p

But, +1 for Alex and his spark plugs can't go wrong with these.

I am running copper cored in mine, and also run them in every turbo car i have owned, certainly wouldn't use denso iridium in a FI car either, and at £12 a set for copper, i am quite happy to change them every 10,000 miles :)

same reason i wont use an over specked oil.

I am running copper cored in mine, and also run them in every turbo car i have owned, certainly wouldn't use denso iridium in a FI car either, and at £12 a set for copper, i am quite happy to change them every 10,000 miles :)

I would agree with using copper while trying new engine mods and for tuning, from a sacrificial point of view as they will melt before the pistons do, but once properly tuned and known to be running well why not use a better plug that you don't have to change every 10k. :shrug:

I would agree with using copper while trying new engine mods and for tuning, from a sacrificial point of view as they will melt before the pistons do, but once properly tuned and known to be running well why not use a better plug that you don't have to change every 10k. :shrug:

Since i would probably pull my plugs every couple of K anyway just to check and pre empt any problems, i have no problem changing them that often,

like i said its just service life there is no performance difference between iridium, platinum or coper core, same goes for a lot of modern oils, they are designed and specked for longer service intervals, in some cases in excess of 20K rather than 6-9K, personally i would rather know that my oil in relatively uncontaminated by combustion by products, rather than chemically bonded to the oil.