Annoying clicking from rear nearside wheel

Peter10

As the title says, I have noticed over the last week or so I have an very annoying clicking from the rear nearside wheel. It sounds almost like a stone is stuck in the tyre but much worse (and there isn't one in there). It is especially bad at slow speeds going over general bumps. Any thoughts on what this is most likely to be? The car has done just under 40k and was serviced in January.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys. Changed the CV joint causing issues today and unfortunately the noise is still there. I'm guessing it is possible the joint closest to the diff may be gone also/instead.

did you check the droplinks

I had this issue when I first bought my Zed, not sure if it's the exact same issue but it used to click from the underside rear particularly when accelerating away from lights from standstill. I tried replacing the drop links and also taking it to a garage to check if anything was touching the zorst but no joy. I then took it to Nissan Bromley and they managed to sort it out, they said something about the splines needing regreasing, was pretty cheap I recall, and the problem was fixed

I had this issue when I first bought my Zed, not sure if it's the exact same issue but it used to click from the underside rear particularly when accelerating away from lights from standstill. I tried replacing the drop links and also taking it to a garage to check if anything was touching the zorst but no joy. I then took it to Nissan Bromley and they managed to sort it out, they said something about the splines needing regreasing, was pretty cheap I recall, and the problem was fixed

that is the clicky axle issue

everyone did state it does come back if its just been rotated 180 degrees and re greased but Zugara has reported the way he did it, it hasnt come back. Check for his guide on what he did

Can you give us a link with this guide?

doogyrev and myself did his more than six months ago, but we noticed that there was a swaff ball of metal between the 2 machined mating faces. This was deburred and a light smear of grease was applied.

With regard to the grease in the joint, if the boot has not split, and there is grease within the cv joint, what clicks :shrug: and why would new grease be required in the first place?

We thoroughly checked doogyrevs cv joint, and found the grease was in good condition and there were no losses of grease at all, all the rotating surfaces were covered in grease, there was no gritty feeling within the grease at all, so one would assume that there was no metal to metal contact and the grease was intact doing its job.

Everything we witnessed pointed to the mating faces as mentioned already. So, if all Nissan do is rotate and regrease, and not clean off the burr from the mating faces, then yes I would agree that the click will return, however if done as we did, then I think the problem will be gone for another couple of years, or more.

I am positive, the click has nothing to do with grease. It's all friction related on the mating faces, which are pulled together with enormous amounts of pressure, one small foreign body between the faces will cause the click when torque is applied,

We noticed a witness track where this ball of metal had been rubbing. When I say ball, it was no more than 0.4mm diameter.

This is my opinion and written without malice, just an honest appraisal of what we found doing doogys car.

And relax....... :lol: