Glynn Hopkin Nissan Colchester...well worth a try.

deank93

Just thought i'd sticka note up regarding my recent P3 service at the above dealer.

I was searching for the cheapest way to get my P3 done, i looked at purchasing the bits seperately and finding someone decent to do the service but it was coming out too expensive, i called my Local nissan dealer, Toomy Basildon, and they wanted £380, I called DMS and they wanted £300 which is much better and Horsham were even cheaper but are a 2 hour drive away which is a shame.

I thought I'd try another main dealer so called Glynn Hopkin Bishop Stortford and they wanted a mental £439 so i told a little white lie and said my local Toomy Nissan dealer would do it for £300 and asked if they would match it, obviously they said no and would only offer me 5% discount, for some reason I thought I'd call Glynn Hopkin Nissan in Colchester and ask them, they quoted me £385 but i took a chance and again told a slight porky and said toomy would do it for £300 and would they match it, without hesitation they agreed and also threw a years RAC membership in to the deal.

I took the car there on Thursday and they did the service, which it sailed through, they even cleaned the car aswell so if your local and in need of a service they are a decent bunch that are keen to do a deal which helps keep a Nissan stamp in your service book, i'm not to fussed but I know there will always be those potential buyers without much in the way of knowledge will always look for when it comes time to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought all Nissan dealers would be the same price. It's £250 in my local Nissan which I am getting a P3 in on the 30th as I'm going to try claim on the 12 year perforation warranty at the same time because of a few bubbles on the bonnet and roof. After this service I'll be using a specific mechanic who will probably charge me £50 for the next P1 service and I'll get him to sign the book as a Nissan service as he works in the very dealer i'm taking it to next week.

You guys realise a P3 is identical to a P2 on the 350Z? In fact it's little more than an oil and air filter change. You can do it on your drive for £50 in parts.

It doesn't include important stuff like brake fluid, spark plugs and coolant, which are all extras.

You guys realise a P3 is identical to a P2 on the 350Z? In fact it's little more than an oil and air filter change. You can do it on your drive for £50 in parts.

It doesn't include important stuff like brake fluid, spark plugs and coolant, which are all extras.

I am aware of that. According to the book it's just a few extra checks, but with my dealer it's only an extra £20 for a P3 compared to P2, so might as well pay to get it in the book.

personally i'm not a glynn hopkin fan, dealt with their dealership before in Ipswich, i wouldn't trust their mechanics to find their own genitals in a sex exam. saw mechanics ragging cars in the car park.

if you had to go main dealer the only one in the southeast i think is OK is marshalls. their cambridge one is a nissan performance centre, and see alot more than just micra's

Glynn Hopkin in Bishops Stortford are utterly brilliant. Always fought my corner when I had a warranty claim, and went above and beyond the call of duty when changing bits and pieces. Spending 30 mins on the phone at their cost when I was in Le Mans trying to diagnose an issue I had was fantastic service. :thumbs: