IOW Ferries

HaydnH

Go on last and reverse it on then swing it around once up there!

You don't know until you ask!

I think I'd prefer to risk the Nismo front rather than the Chargespeed rear. :lol:

Also, has anyone been to the IOW festival? I went years ago and can't remember how rough the fields were to drive on, I don't want to get there and then realise I need to find a car park miles away from the camp site.

The better half's parents live on the IoW so we're always popping over there. We always go with Red Funnel from Southampton and I always ask the guys/girls if I we can go on the lower deck, it's never a problem.

A couple of years ago there was some kind of classic car show in Newport and there were a few Lamborghini's (Countach / Diablo ) and they came over on the ferry. You shouldn't have any difficulties, get on the lower deck, take it steady getting on and off.

Just driven onto the Red Funnel from East Cowes (as per most weeks :yawn:) never had a grounding problem getting on or off the top deck. My car is a stock 370Z. My previous car (Focus RS) was condemned to the lower deck - front splitter too low.

I agree strongly with the earlier poster, don't go near the Cowes/East Cowes Floating bridge especially at low tide - it's a car killer :surrender:

Cheers

Rob