M6 at 211mph

Kev946

Booooo! Can you not sneak in the chip?

I'd be ok if I did it to a beemer as my mate works at the local dealer.... ;)

What is the current BHP of the 650i? Please excuse my ignorance, I've just never looked!

Booooo! Can you not sneak in the chip?

I'd be ok if I did it to a beemer as my mate works at the local dealer.... ;)

What is the current BHP of the 650i? Please excuse my ignorance, I've just never looked!

Standard power is 367 bhp. Apparently the exisiting ECU is remapped and cannot be detected by BMW dealers, but I'm not convinced.

Whether BMW Technicans can spot an old remap on an engine is still a debatable subject with no clear answers. Some say it throws up a checksum error which it stores in the ECU. This can then be seen at a service if they look into the ECU. Others say it wont throw an error/or the error can be erased/or not picked up by BMW??

:wacko: Maybe not worth the risk of invalidating your warranty.

ps you got enough power Kev anyway!! :thumbs:

Whether BMW Technicans can spot an old remap on an engine is still a debatable subject with no clear answers. Some say it throws up a checksum error which it stores in the ECU. This can then be seen at a service if they look into the ECU. Others say it wont throw an error/or the error can be erased/or not picked up by BMW??

:wacko: Maybe not worth the risk of invalidating your warranty.

ps you got enough power Kev anyway!! :thumbs:

A secondhand ECU would be useful. The other thing to think about is my service internal is every 2 years or 20,000 miles, so at my current rate once I have had the first service, the second will be out of warranty anyway.

So won't be bothering for now, but the motivation is more power, (which you can never have enough off IMHO), and don't forget the de-limit for those German Autobahn moments...:lol:

In the meantime I'll drive my car without the sports mode button on most of the time and press for a smile.. :thumbs: