a few queries on imports

nixy

What exactly do they do with the required fog light?

Is it correct the underneath of the car is not sealed and does this need doing?

If Jap cars are restricted to 112 do they de-restrict them as part of the importing process - if not is it worth bothering and how much does it cost?

Are warranties honoured at dealers here on younger cars or not?

Any servicing issues with tiptronic?

Why are there so many silver cars? There seems to be so many that they are actually cheaper than the rest!

some places fit a aftermarket foglight onto the rear bumper. Not as neat as a UK model but you can buy the UK part and do it that way.

More underseal is worth while on the JDM's

Don't have to de restrict it, it's your call. It's something you would have to sort unless some of the importers offer it as a service. Cost of a delimiter is around £175 plus fitting.

Can't answer the warranties bit, some JDM owners will be able to

Don't know of any issues with tiptronic

Silver cars haven't had their top coat of paint so still in the primer :teeth: That's the reason why there is more of them as they are cheaper

What exactly do they do with the required fog light?

Is it correct the underneath of the car is not sealed and does this need doing?

If Jap cars are restricted to 112 do they de-restrict them as part of the importing process - if not is it worth bothering and how much does it cost?

Are warranties honoured at dealers here on younger cars or not?

Any servicing issues with tiptronic?

Why are there so many silver cars? There seems to be so many that they are actually cheaper than the rest!

They install into into the bumper or within the rear cluster.

Most cars are not sealed but should be part of the SVA, but check first!

Imports are restricted but can be derestricted via a HKS thingy for about £200.

No warranty on imports unless you buy a standalone one.

Not heard of any problems at all with the tiptronic.

Silver cars are so dull. Don't buy one. Be different ;)

Not that there is anything wrong with a tiptronic box, but I would say sports cars should always have a manual gearbox.

Silver is not the most exciting colour. That would be Gun Metal grey, now thats a great colour.

Warranties will problabley be independant, so will be in relation to the importers scheme and nothing to do with Nissan

Also look out for silly mileage, Japan is a lot bigger than they would have you think.

Hi,

I've had my silver Tiptronic Zed for coming on-to a year now and no problems reported what-so-ever!

Don't forget with the tiptronic you have the option of using it like a manual without clutch! I fell in love with the option when I first tried it! I'm not having that a sports car must have a manual gear box! And as for colour - think I've seen about two fellow silver Zeds since owning one - Gun metal grey however nearly every day. I've seen both colours showing of their shine and lights at night and the silver wins all day long!

The reason I'm thinking of tiptronic is because i have a knee problem on the clutch side for which I'm shortly having a second operation - so to be able to get a car like that which will also be great for my knee is fab. If I see the right car in either format I will go for it regardless. When do people actually use the manual part on the tiptronic? I used to have an automatic x type jag which I could shift into 2nd 3rd and 4th (not sure if this is the same thing) and I used to do that on snow etc as I live out in the sticks where they don't treat the roads. Hopefully I can time it to miss out on the rest of this year's ice.

And I do like the silver - just thought another colour would be easier to sell on in the future due to being less of them.

And I do like the silver - just thought another colour would be easier to sell on in the future due to being less of them.

Surely that's a misconception? Surely the fact that there's less of other colours shows that the 350Z buying public prefer silver, therefore come selling time, the silver zed will have you beating potential buyers off with the proverbial shitty stick? :teeth:

I had back problems for years until I got my Prelude with a tiptronic box. No problems after that. :D

That's why I went for the tiptronic Z and so far, it has been great. It's just coming up for its P3 service, so I am assuming that I will have to get the garage to check the oil levels etc. but I 'm hoping that there will be no problems. :thumbs:

Surely that's a misconception? Surely the fact that there's less of other colours shows that the 350Z buying public prefer silver, therefore come selling time, the silver zed will have you beating potential buyers off with the proverbial shitty stick? :teeth:

Also meaning you will have dozens of other silver zeds to compete with on price therefore meaning you have to let it go dirt cheap :scare:

If anyone knows of an importer in the north (ish) of the country who they could recommend and has cars already landed or anyone who would be interested in a part ex 53 Reg CTR please let me know.

Cheers.

Have a word with John at JC Imports, I know a few people who have had Z's from him and rave about his service.

http://www.jcimports.co.uk/