Broken Bluetooth, Help!!!

liam42whu

Hey guys.

I'm not sure how this happened, all I can think is that I disconnected my battery when I worked on the car, but for a while now the Bluetooth hasn't worked, steering wheel buttons do nothing and there is no LED alight from the module itself.

Iv had a look at the fuses, cant see a blown one, but does it have its own secret fuse or does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks a lot

Liam :)

Searching back through similar complaints, often the 'problem' has been down to the adaptor not seating correctly in the cradle. You might like to double check - perhaps the contacts are not clean enough..... :shrug:

Don't forget the 1234 code when pairing either ;)

cheers guys, I have had another look, seems to be seated correctly, but there is no power, contacts look clean, ill have to try and test it now.

Thanks

Liam

have you checked the main control unit in the secret compartment under the glove box

Ah, found a very useful post by Octet around this time last year about installing the bluetooth gear - it might help you if you want to trace back to see if evrything is connected OK and also see to find where the power is lost?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9768&hilit=power+to+bluetooth&start=45

There is no mention of a specific fuse and I don't know which one in the fuse boxes might cover it as I no longer have a 350, but if everthing else electrical is working on the car it kinda points to a connection issue somewhere unless one of the components you see in Octet's pics has failed?

cheers guys, I really do not know how you find this stuff :lol: , its help locate all the pieces of the puzzle, but no closer to solving it, inside the box in the 'secret compartment' is a very very small and complex looking circuit board that I just don't want to get involved with. Ill have to test mine with someone else's I think. At least that will confirm something for me.

just wish it was a simple fuse :headhurt:

I'm guessing that none of the system is getting power, it used to make a bong sound and say phone on the stereo display, now it does nothing and goes straight to the radio. Therefore I would say that the car isn't recognising the system at all. Looks like professtional help may be the answer. Even though id hate myself if I did it.