Kenwood DNX5220BT - Quieter at low speeds

370Ad

Hello!

Recently purchased the Z and it came with the Kenwood DNX5220BT HU.

When slowing down/stopping for traffic lights the volume is reduced.

This is quiet annoying, i have gone through all the menu options and can't seem to find anything on it.

Is this something the Z does as standard and cant be changed?

Thanks for any input.

Adam

it will be a function of the Kenwood. The Bose unit does it too

Thanks for the reply, just been through the manual again and cant find anything. Will have another play with the unit tonight.

Cheers! :)

Hmm interesting. I have a DNX9260 and have exactly the same thing. I actually emailed Kenwood and asked if it has the auto speed sensitive volume adjust (a la the Bose), because as you say there is nothing in the manual. They said it doesn't have the function and so I pretty much just gave up and got used to it! Few peeps have said that it may be because the factory fit unit has this function it's automatically 'on' as the Kenwood units don't have a function to switch it off. Not sure if this is right - I'm no electronics guru by any means! Please post up on here if you have any luck finding the answer bud - would be interested to know :thumbs:

Hmmm maybe its something to do with if speed sensitive volume was turned on (Bose) before the HU was changed? And since there is no option on this HU to turn it on/off its always on?!

Very odd, will have a dig around tonight and potentially take the HU out to check connections on the rear then will update all :)

Hmmm maybe its something to do with if speed sensitive volume was turned on (Bose) before the HU was changed? And since there is no option on this HU to turn it on/off its always on?!

Very odd, will have a dig around tonight and potentially take the HU out to check connections on the rear then will update all :)

would of thought it would be a HU thing rather than the amp

I rememer seeing somewhere that there's a mic somewhere in the cabin that detects cabin noise and i guess adjusts volume accordingly? might be worth looking for that and pulling it out! Maybe theenw HU was wired into the OEM stuff

Edit: here's a diagram of OEM speakers and the mic to detect cabin noise that mgiht be useful! apparently the mics under the steering column

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Nissan_350Z_EN_tcm6-6195.pdf

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have mine on the loud setting too, guess i am going to live with it or have a better look at the wiring.

The HU was fitted to the car when i bought it so no idea hows its wired in!

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem with my pioneer head unit, very annoying and not using standard up but i am using the loom must be something built in....

Going to try and disconnect speed wire any one know what color it is?

On my old Pioneer it was a pink wire, I never connected it. The only thing you lose is tracking if you haven't got a GPS system like in a tunnel etc

• 4 weeks later...