Long weekend at the Ring

GT4 Zed

I know there was a thread somewhere raising interest within the forum to go to the Ring this year.

The timetable has been out for sometime and only covers up to july. There is a lots of negative press on about the Rings present future but its relatively safe to say all commits for the year will be respected and the TF should continue despite any transition between ownership or other arrangements.

That said a few dates are of great interest if one can take the time off to be there.

April Friday 6th - monday 9th will be an epic 4 days of long 0800-1930 sessions at the Ring and should allow one to get some decent laps speard over those days.

I for one will be there with my friends but it maybe a good opportunity for people here who want to go to join :thumbs:

I am not starting a list but safe to say i'll be leaving on Thurdsay 5th(Pm) to return on Tuesday 10th(late AM) and going via Eurotunnel.

Anyone wanting to join us feel free to PM me. I may also have a spare seat like i did with Will350z last year for a part split of the costs and that will include driven laps by yourself under tuition, passenger laps and also passenger laps with my friends. How does a Porcshe 997GT3 RS, 996 GT3 RS, BMW M3 V8, BMW M3 CSL and R35 GTR sound ? :p

Next long weekend will be May Sat 26th - monday 28th which i would plan to do as well ;)

If you take a passenger in your Zed will you be supplying the ear plugs :bose:

:p

For anyone that does not know Bennett, I am not in any way being rude about him or his car...

But I have to say his car is the loudest Zed I have ever heard :headhurt::surrender:

Loud and a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that weekend, a highlight of my driving career.

For anyone that does not know Bennett, I am not in any way being rude about him or his car...

But I have to say his car is the loudest Zed I have ever heard :headhurt::surrender:

Loud and a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that weekend, a highlight of my driving career.

Yes you told me, although you were still shouting and it was a month after you got back :shrug:

Thanks Dave for the reminder :p ear plugs will be provided. Actually the exhaust will be quieter by then as i was banned at the Ring last year on my last trip and had to use my least agressive map and D1 TC set at ECO1 to pass the static noise test at 97db at 3000rpm.

Officially the static test is 94db max(at half the engine rev limit) but they will allow up to 100db :thumbs: . My zed with baffles on and at my most aggressive MAP and TC at SP7 was 118db :scare::scare: at 3000rpm(I lied that my rev limit was 6000rpm though its set at 7500rpm :p

Will i have fixed the door handle and put extra bolts to hold it in place and now have a barf bag as standard :clap: