Custom Sat Nav

hoffs350z

Hi,

Is anyone currently building / fitting sat nav's for the 2007 models? Currently I have no Sat Nav and think those with, look pretty good.

http://www.drivendynamics.com/kieran/z/c4.jpg

I know Nurrish was in the process of getting this together, the button pad which would be used for on / off, but can't find anything recent.

Anybody out there that can remove the 'lid' and install something for me?

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

Is anyone currently building / fitting sat nav's for the 2007 models? Currently I have no Sat Nav and think those with, look pretty good.

http://www.drivendynamics.com/kieran/z/c4.jpg

I know Nurrish was in the process of getting this together, the button pad which would be used for on / off, but can't find anything recent.

Anybody out there that can remove the 'lid' and install something for me?

Cheers

Dave

i'd be pretty interested in this as well. I know the sat nav cubbies are like rocking horse waste products and to be honest i think the sat nav would be a nice addition to the centre console before i get it all re trimmed. If anyone is thinking about opening a factory and producing after market sat nav systems for the 07+ i'll stick a 2nd order in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm desperate for one too on an 06 facelift, really want a real satnav and not the birdview rubbish. Looks as though I will have to get a new surroud as well as the cubby too as I've currently got birdview. If anyone is willing to make one for me please let me know. I realise it isn't going to be cheap.

ok cheers for that, i'm not to offended by the bose system (even though its my third one under warranty) i just dislike the cubby and i'm sick of sticking sat nav to the window. i'll give it more though and see what i can come up with.

Nice centre console by the way, looks nice with the carbon.

ok cheers for that, i'm not to offended by the bose system (even though its my third one under warranty) i just dislike the cubby and i'm sick of sticking sat nav to the window. i'll give it more though and see what i can come up with.

Cheers, if you do get a cubby and need any help give me a shout :thumbs:

Will do cheers, one last thing actually, with regards to the screen itself, if i google sat nav the usual plug and play sat navs come up. is the screen you have designed to be built in or is it a just a standard one that came with a mount. cos i'm assuming for updates you need it to be removable.

Will do cheers, one last thing actually, with regards to the screen itself, if i google sat nav the usual plug and play sat navs come up. is the screen you have designed to be built in or is it a just a standard one that came with a mount. cos i'm assuming for updates you need it to be removable.

The only one I could find was the Navman Panoramic

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165685_productId_817893_langId_-1?cm_mmc=GooglePPC-_-SN%20-%20Sat%20Nav%20-%20Product-_-Navman%20Panoramic%20Exact-_-navman%20panoramic&source=ppc&_$ja=kw:navman+panoramic|cgn:Navman+Panoramic+Exact|cgid:5156418709|tsid:35582|cn:SN+-+Sat+Nav+-+Product|cid:70628389|lid:42105058429|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:19621808629

Just had to take it apart, wire up a button to switch it on and off and hard wire it.

For updates I can take my laptop down to the car and connect through the trim on the cubby :thumbs:

Here is the install thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=54590&hilit=motorised+cubby

Although when I fitted something else I pulled the wires of the cubby motor so now it is manual :lol:

nice job. suppose there's a few options i can look at, just interesting to see what others have done.

I could always keep the cubby, scrap the bose and get an all singing all dancing double din. Cheers for your help so far.

All singing double din - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=55665&hilit=f900bt :teeth:

Ahhh you see this is what happens, i nip onto the forum for some low cost banter and i log off with visions of carbon, superchargers and touch screen. Now i have to have that "whats on your mind, you've been so distant" chat with the missus again.