Arghhhhhhh, squeeling noise

Rscut

Afternoon,

I picked up my zed on Saturday and noticed a noise from the back end when accelerating and breaking. It seems to make the noise also when i move the car from side to side. It sounds like something is squeaking as it moves backwards and forwards, almost like something is loose.

When i text the previous owner he said it needs 10mm off the center pipe. So i took it to the garage today and he had a look around the exhaust, tighted things up, took the hanger off the back support and the noise is still there! The mechanic reckons it might be a dodgy spring in the rear brake drum but i dont see how it can be?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Could be sway bar drop links or sway bar bushes:thumbs:

Disconnect them and take the car for a spin, if the noise has gone then you will know that you are on the money.

All in stock and good to go same/next day if required. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

When we put the handbreak on and rocked the car on the clutch In 1st you could here it. Almost like it was moving and the squeal was from a lack on lubrication. I'm finding it hard to describe to be honest! Just peed off it started doing it on the way home and not when I test drive it!

When we put the handbreak on and rocked the car on the clutch In 1st you could here it. Almost like it was moving and the squeal was from a lack on lubrication. I'm finding it hard to describe to be honest! Just peed off it started doing it on the way home and not when I test drive it!

Get the car on a ramp and replicate the rocking procedure, watching not to drive off the raised ramp as the hand brakes on the zed are not the best :scare:

Give all the rear bushes etc a good spray with a suitable penetrating lubricant whilst on the ramp.

Alex. :)