A little carnuba wax......

H5

Although I've shown cars and spent more than a fair share of time cleaning and detailing previous cars, I've not used carnuba wax before. Mate came over today with some and I gave it a go over my Ultra Gloss after a bit of show shine. Have to say I'm converted!

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

Can't wait for the summer!! :D

You put it on top of the ultra gloss?

I went for it, yeah. I washed it, dried it and then used Show Shine to prepare it. Then added this to it, and it just lifted it. It's the first thing I've ever used that has lifted Ultra Gloss. That said, I did do the Ultra Gloss a while ago so I have no idea 'how much' is left on the car. It's been through a winter so maybe not much.

Tim, as for cost, take a look at this - http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductD ... uctID=9100

Their top seller and not too bad IMO.

I can't wait to add some of the Chemical Guys oily stuff into the mix when I prepare it for the summer and then I'll just keep adding the wax onto the Gloss.

Unless our resident detailer knows that any of the is unecessary.....!! ;):)

Thanks Andy! :)

Here's one from a bit further away, to give a comparison against Dorian's pic. How do you think it compares? (ambient light allowing of course!!) (Thanks for the pic Dorian!! ;) )

Frontcarnubaplate.jpg

I know what you mean Louis, it's fun finding out though!!

I agree, initially more of a gloss on Dorians, but then the reflections and surroundings are lighter colours. Mine was a miserable January day, but you can clearly see the garage and next door in the reflection. Will add to it and try and get a brighter day to see how it goes. And yes, that does have some nice sparkly bits on it! B)

I will not be defeated!! Where's Ming?! :p;)

Guest prescience

I might point out that in no way do I consider myself a detailer and I am most definitely not an expert. I just bought the Zaino and kept it fairly regularly polished using the Zaino guide from Dr Bonz.

I think the light and the pic were just good on that one occasion and from that angle and partly that's my point, there is no 'best' solution

I might point out that in no way do I consider myself a detailer and I am most definitely not an expert. I just bought the Zaino and kept it fairly regularly polished using the Zaino guide from Dr Bonz.

I think the light and the pic were just good on that one occasion and from that angle and partly that's my point, there is no 'best' solution

It looks to be a very good finish though Dorian, I'm still experimenting with products. Admittedly I go to somre pretty sad extremes (polish under bonnet for example! :blush: ) but like you say you've got yourself some decent products and it's got results. :thumbs:

How do you mean no best solution? :)

Guest prescience

It looks to be a very good finish though Dorian, I'm still experimenting with products. Admittedly I go to somre pretty sad extremes (polish under bonnet for example! :blush: ) but like you say you've got yourself some decent products and it's got results. :thumbs:

I have pics taken on the same day which don't look as shiny, so I think there is more to the variation in angle, light, exposure etc which dwarfs the differences in the finish.

Perhaps if you had identical cars lined up side-by-side on the same day, you 'could' make such a judgement, I don't really know

I have pics taken on the same day which don't look as shiny, so I think there is more to the variation in angle, light, exposure etc which dwarfs the differences in the finish.

Perhaps if you had identical cars lined up side-by-side on the same day, you 'could' make such a judgement, I don't really know

I see. Still fun to see who can get the most impressive pic up tho!! ;):D

Just for comparison here is mine. I use NXT gen wax and thats about it really...

DSC03080.jpg

...as you can see its a nice finish, but as H5 saw at the White Horse meet, the autoglym set the bonnet off so much more than just the NXT gen on its own. My next purchase is going to be something that gives it a great gloss finish, but i am still researching. Fun though as you say.

I have, untill now, always used NXT:

Meguairs014-1.jpg

However I am now using AG Ultra Deep Shine which is good but harder to get off :blush:

How do you find the finish tho Sarnie? :)

The finish is miles better. Its deeper and much longer lasting :thumbs: Its just a bugger to get off if you leave it on too long :wacko:

Edit: That was post number 5000 B)