OEM Button (Switch) for 350z - help

Aust350z

Guys, I was wondering if you were able to help come up with another alternative for the below.

I'm looking to install a "drive recorder" which also has a feature for motion and g-force recording (when car is turned off). One of the supporting accessories has a power pack that includes and on/off switch to compeltely turn the device off idealy when I'm safe and sound at home in my garage.

What I was thinking was installing a VDC button to control this on/off feature in a more easily accessible place. I was thinking VDC can stand for "Vehicle Detective Control".

Is anyone aware of any other Nissan button that might be appropriate for the below spot I'm also open to those options. Ideally I'd like something with a light so I knew if it were on or off which the VDC button doesn't have (or the pics I have don't show).

Effectively I want to install the button here:

JN1AZ36A95M750141-23c.jpg

so it looks like this when done:

DSC03096.sized.jpg

Cheers,

I did fit a switch there, it is out now as I had a slight accident with the motor :blush:

I struggled to find one that fitted perfectly as i needed a push to make one in 2 directions, if yours is just on/off it might be easier. The centre tunnel comes out without too much hassle and the switch housing comes off. It you take the switches out mind the little spring that will fly out :surrender:

Is that a switch in your picture or just a cover? It looks a perfect fit to me but doesn't look like a switch, just the cover moved...

If you find a perfect fitting switch please let me know :thumbs:

Is that a switch in your picture or just a cover? It looks a perfect fit to me but doesn't look like a switch, just the cover moved...

It's the original VDC button someone moved from the dash to there so they stopped opening the fuel filler cap. I'd be happy using it but I'd have no indication if it was on or off :wacko:

If you find a perfect fitting switch please let me know :thumbs:

Absolutely :D

EDIT: Thinking aloud - as my car doesn't have VDC (non-track) I wonder if the light on the Dash is there though? I could then wire the the switch to the dash so when I deactivate the recorder the light shows up? Will need to look into it and see. *Runs off to read service manuals*

Anything is possible :thumbs: i guess a button from a wrecked car wouldn't be expensive....

Can grab a new one for pretty cheap which is OK.

Would you not power the recorder from the ignition so when the ignition is turned off it cuts the power?

No. The drive recorder still needs power to record via its "motion sensor" (ie: someone driving/walking past your car) and also "g-force" (ie: someone bumping your car). If one of these sensors goes off it records the previous 30secs and goes for an optional time frame after. Hence the power pack sold as an accessory is necessary to avoid draining your car battery. One version of the power pack has the over-riding on/off button so you can switch it completely off (ie: when the car is safely parked in your garage). The power pack will be hidden away hence why I'm looking for a button to replace it in a usable spot.

Ah now I understand :thumbs:

On a UK car some of the switches are illuminated, I think the ESP on/off and the headlight wash button, you could try and fond one of these and get a vinyl overlay with whatever description you wanted....

I never thought of getting one of those and seeing if it fitted, yiu got me thinking now :lol:

My last opportunity to show you my switch also, as it's being taken out the car tomorrow :byebye:

12.jpg

A little ostentatious for me Ian....

As you know I am very shy and retiring :blush:

If I had a switch like that in my Zed I would expect it to fire a machine gun at the twonk in front of me at the toll looking for a £1 coin even though he has been on the M25 heading towards the toll for the last half an hour :rant:

Ah ha if only. Had the same problem with a woman at the toll on Saturday, fiddling around for change, then went to her bag for a note, taking her time with repositioning her bag then giving the money over, then grabbing bag to put change returned to her back in her bag nicely. She was at the booth about 2/3 mins stoopid cow!

Ah ha if only. Had the same problem with a woman at the toll on Saturday, fiddling around for change, then went to her bag for a note, taking her time with repositioning her bag then giving the money over, then grabbing bag to put change returned to her back in her bag nicely. She was at the booth about 2/3 mins stoopid cow!

And that 2/3 minutes seems like a lifetime :rant:

Only thing slightly more irritating is waiting at a petrol station, I mean open car door, start engine, engage gear, move.... how can that take more than a few seconds :rant::rant::rant:

A little ostentatious for me Ian....

Me too unfortunately :blush: Not quite the OEM look I was going for.

If I had a switch like that in my Zed I would expect it to fire a machine gun at the twonk in front of me at the toll looking for a £1 coin even though he has been on the M25 heading towards the toll for the last half an hour :rant:

So want! So very want!! :clap::evil:

Just check and no VDC light on the dash I could tap into. Only have a TCS off and SLIP :thumbdown:

Being that what's marketed in Auz is very similar to Kiwiland, what about a Maxima, Murano or Pulsar button etc?? From a wreckers, and then get it stickered with whatever you need. Some like that must be fairly generic.

Just want something with a built in light that looks OEM. I guess I need to start trawling through Google images..

Currently the stock fog light form a 370z is leading the way... updated seat heater switches look nice too :)

DSC02700.jpg

In other news - I found a Nissan button with receiver to use as my TPMS monitor :) Includes harness for OE install. Reading the manual there is a PSI version and audio alerts too.

Nissan-tpms4.gif

In further new I stumbled across pics of the Footwell lamps (B6400-CD000) and Interior Illumination Kit (under dash lights). Want want want. Anyone know where to get them!!??

what where how any why information on that TPM Switch please!!!!!!!

I've found the Chinese manufacturer and have asked for more info :D Hopefully can get my hands on a sample/trial unit.

Owners Manual

http://www.inawise.com/nissan/nissan-li ... manual.pdf

Installation Manual

http://www.inawise.com/nissan/nissan-li ... manual.pdf

I currently have an Orange TPMS system in the car and have been struggling to work out where to steathy install the display. I ended up deciding on the sunglass holder and running a wire through the a-pillar and headliner. I think this little unit should (in theory) work with my sensors already so should give me an even steathier install and OEM looking TPMS.

http://www.orangetpmsusa.com/aftermarke ... ar-tpms-2/