Driving in France? READ THIS!!!

slimjim

28.5% of road deaths involved drunk drivers. Therefore 71.5% of road deaths involved sober drivers ....... surely it must be safer if everyone was drunk then??

And considering only a tiny percentage of road deaths involve excessive speed , then the world must be a safer place full of drunk, speeding motorists!

Just kidding of course :teeth:

I'd imagine they will be cheap, sold on the ferry/port/service stations and the fine if you dont have one is not a lot either. Not a lot to worry about.

What THEY need to be worried about is is someone does have one of these devices, tests themselves and is given the all clear, where do they stand if the Police use a more accurate measure and find them over the limit? Surely they will have to have some kind of accredited devices that they accept work within tolerance :shrug:

What THEY need to be worried about is is someone does have one of these devices, tests themselves and is given the all clear, where do they stand if the Police use a more accurate measure and find them over the limit? Surely they will have to have some kind of accredited devices that they accept work within tolerance :shrug:

Valid point, plus by encouraging people to use them, surely they're dangerously close to suggesting you drink to just within the limit. Over here I believe the police won't breathelize you within 20 mins of having a drink? Very grey area I think.

A family is driving home from a restaurant and gets pulled over by the cops. A policeman approaches the driver's window and speaks to the driver:

Policeman: Have you been drinking today sir?

Driver: Nope. I am tee-total officer.

Policeman: Please breathe into this here tube, sir.

.. driver blows into the tube and it goes off the scale.

Policeman: I'm afraid you're over the limit sir, please step out of the vehicle.

Driver: I've told you. I'm tee-total. Test it on my wife. She didn't have anything to drink either.

... wife blows into the tube and again the device goes off the scale.

Policeman: It is evident that you are both drunk and I will have to arrest you, sir.

Driver: Alright officer. How about you test your device on my 9 year old in the back just to make sure it works before arresting me?

... kid blows into the device and again fails the test.

Policeman: I'm sorry sir. It appears to be that our device is faulty. You have a good night.

Driver pulls away, turns to his wife and says "I told you a glass of wine for the kid won't do any harm."

The thing is, if your the sort of person that drinks and drives, even if you did have a kit and bothered to test yourself, would you actually call a cab or just drive hone anyway?

Only way it would really work is if it was attached to an immobiliser so you couldn't drive even if you wanted to :shrug:

Totally agree... if you arethe kind of peron who is going to need to "check" to see if you are over the limit or not, in order to drive, you shouldn't be driving!!!

Drink + Driving = Muppet! :ban:

Might seem a bit OTT but as someone who has spent a lot of time in France where my family live - you should see them at lunchtime!! Even in the most rural areas the restaurants are full of workmen necking the red wine before getting back to work in the afternoon! Different culture so I can understand it.

Might seem a bit OTT but as someone who has spent a lot of time in France where my family live - you should see them at lunchtime!! Even in the most rural areas the restaurants are full of workmen necking the red wine before getting back to work in the afternoon! Different culture so I can understand it.

ehhheeem...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... l-ban.html :lol:

ehhheeem...

Oh dear...

"Nobody should object to a small drink on jobs,"

Try telling that to your patient if you're a surgeon, or to your passengers if you're a pilot and something goes wrong :surrender::headhurt:

ehhheeem...

I rest my case! :lol: Although on the positive side - they don't seem to suffer with binge drinking louts like we do in the UK.

28.5% of road deaths involved drunk drivers. Therefore 71.5% of road deaths involved sober drivers ....... surely it must be safer if everyone was drunk then??

And considering only a tiny percentage of road deaths involve excessive speed , then the world must be a safer place full of drunk, speeding motorists!

Just kidding of course :teeth:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: