New Gearbox

sam uk

Hi guys,

I've been putting up with my gearbox on a 54 plate for a while now. It's not whining to badly but 1st and 2nd gear are a bit notchy to get in to.

I'm thinking of getting this sorted in Feb but I'm unsure which route to take.

1) get a new gearbox (I'd image this is very expensive)

2) buy a salvaged buy from a low miles car

3) buy a recon box

4) get my existing box recon'd

I'm interested to get your opinions on this. :thumbs:

If it's only notchy when cold then it's not too bad. Try new box oil and an additive like the blue guy said above. If you still have an issue the cheapest thing to do is a good 2nd hand box for approx £500. We see some 2 customer cars that are a fight to change when cold, but short shifting helps until they are warn. When warm they are fine and they have Forte additive in their boxes :thumbs:

Have you tried changing the oil for genuine nissan stuff and adding molyslip? worked a treat for mine

+1 if it is just a bit notchy in 1st and 2nd when cold that is pretty normal. I had major vibration in 5th & 6th and an oil change and molyslip worked a treat, that was at 72k and my gearbox is now on over 100k :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll see if I can find out when the last change was from Nissan. :thumbs:

Chances are chap that it has never been replaced. I think Nissan say they are sealed for life,but it really does help to get it done. May aswell do the diff fluid while you are at it. See Zmanalex. :thumbs: