19s

stuey

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had a lot of involvement with TSW / Yokohama at my previous company, I can vouch for the quality checks etc. everything goes through. Any that aren't aware they're one and the same company, and do have a lot of pride in their products. What may or may not surprise some of you, is they actually provide a very large number of OEM wheels too. So they benefit from economies of scale to be able to bring some wheels to market pretty cheaply, with the heritage, quality and design.

Just because something has a low price, doesn't make it cheap. ;):)

BTW, our expensive Rays aren't great - just ask the corrosion bubbles on mine!! :blush:

The rays are forged - only £900 with tyres - so £600 without. :ninja:

yeah mate keep wishing. ;) They are only £1k (and that's dealer option only) because

1- no aftermarket company sells them

2- Nissan must have had a massive buying power when negotiating with Rays (who incidentally also make the Nismo LMGT4's for Nissan ;) )

3- have you tried to purchase a replacement on its own? ;) more like £1k per wheel ;)

Having had a lot of involvement with TSW / Yokohama at my previous company, I can vouch for the quality checks etc. everything goes through. Any that aren't aware they're one and the same company, and do have a lot of pride in their products. What may or may not surprise some of you, is they actually provide a very large number of OEM wheels too. So they benefit from economies of scale to be able to bring some wheels to market pretty cheaply, with the heritage, quality and design.

Just because something has a low price, doesn't make it cheap. ;):)

BTW, our expensive Rays aren't great - just ask the corrosion bubbles on mine!! :blush:

have to admit if all that has been posted is true about TSW then I might change my mind and from 3rd rate wheel company in my personal chart I might "promote them" to 2nd rate :teeth:

I've always seen their wheels on chav mobiles, and have always likened them to companies like bk, fox racing, wolfrace and the like, never really bothered giving them a second thought, especially due to this.

Do they do any forged models for example? Just curious as companies that I rate 1st class also do some cast alloys alongside the more expensive/better forged models etc. so I am willing to change my mind on this brand if they do better quality wheels too :)

Guest prescience
The rays are forged - only £900 with tyres - so £600 without. :ninja:

yeah mate keep wishing. ;) They are only £1k (and that's dealer option only) because

1- no aftermarket company sells them

2- Nissan must have had a massive buying power when negotiating with Rays (who incidentally also make the Nismo LMGT4's for Nissan ;) )

3- have you tried to purchase a replacement on its own? ;) more like £1k per wheel ;)

The above is true