Adobe Design Package advice for business use

HassanZ

Hi all,

Hope some of you can help...I'm sure a few of you come from the Marketing background and will have some knowledge on Adobe products I'm after.

I am currently in charge of Marketing & Promotions and a lot of my work involves working on Photoshop creating various artwork.

A lot of you must know where I can purchase a Photoshop package for a good price, I've already checked the obvious online stores. I thought it would be best looking at purchasing the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Edition or the Master Collection Edition. This will provide me with the software required for creating other marketing material such as newsletters etc.

Is anyone aware where I can source the full package at a cheaper price? I will need the fully licensed Windows version, not an upgrade.

The cheapest I've seen so far is around £1,500 but I've heard places sell them for around the £800 mark.

I appreciate all your input guys :thumbs:

Many Thanks,

Hassan

There are many places you can get it for much less, but of course no-one can show you those and if you're going to be using it in a business capacity, I wouldn't even dream of obtaining a copy that way either.

The £800 or less referred to is probably the discount applied to educational purchasers such as students and teachers. My other half purchased the entire PS CS4 suite for about £155 a couple of years ago now. It's not like the S&T version of MS Office though, you actually have to show proof and set up an account with Adobe to purchase this way.

As Dan said, the price is as it is for a full, legal copy. If you need it for work why not get your company to buy it for you :wacko:

The full CS suite also comes with Illustrator and InDesign, but if you haven't used them before it will take quite a while to get anywhere near the best out of them (I've been using them for 20 years and still refer to the manual every now and then). For a novice, Publisher or similar would be better for newsletters etc.

That's either not legit, or you'll still need to prove you're a student before purchasing. I couldn't be arsed to register to complete the checkout process to find out, though.

If you're a company that needs it then cough up and pay the fee.

yes you need to be a student, or teacher, and its legit, my son has bought from there before, as have the company i work for. they employ adult apprentices who are at college, therefore qualify as a student... :thumbs:

That's either not legit, or you'll still need to prove you're a student before purchasing. I couldn't be arsed to register to complete the checkout process to find out, though.

If you're a company that needs it then cough up and pay the fee.

Thanks all for your advice and suggestions. I will not be paying for this package, my employer will be. I am aware there are student and reached packages on offer and I'm certainly aware I am not eligible for that. The prices for the fully licensed package non-teacher/student one vary significantly too. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a cheap supplier?