Captint, Mod list, yet again, final feedback appreciated

captint

JWT Pressure Plate & Disc

GReddy Warning Gauges boost and zorst temp (Amber)

Vortech Supercharger

DBA 5000 front disc grooved with seperate bell.

DBA 4000 series rear one piece disc grooved

DS2500 pads

Goodridge stainless brake lines

Motul RBF600 fluid

HKS Spark Plugs Cold Iridium

JWT 350Z/G35 Oil Pan Spacer Kit

SARD Fuel Delivery Kits

Walbro 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump

Rota GTR's or Nismos

HKS TD Titaminum Tipped or DC Zorst

Tein Super Streets (B)

EDFC (B)

Toyo T1R's

On top of what exists

Any comments please give feedback, as I am about to start transacting

No more than 412 bhp as I' not doing the internals, but is should be nice and progressive, and should handle very nicley too

Once this is done the it's time for the Zed to go on a diet and loose some weight, I reckon that will be the key to the optimum performance

No more than 412 bhp as I' not doing the internals, but is should be nice and progressive, and should handle very nicley too

Once this is done the it's time for the Zed to go on a diet and loose some weight, I reckon that will be the key to the optimum performance

Cheaper for YOU to go on a diet :p

412 bhp sounds good. Just so i can correlate it into my simple mind: What will 412 bhp take off the 0-60 time? :D

Guest prescience

EMS?

If you're using SplitSec, you'll need an immediate re-tune with the Walbro; the stock map is set-up for the Aux in-line fuel pump (which is Walbro 155). The 255 might overpower the stock injectors too.

The Vortech install recommends tapping (cutting) into the oil pan well above the oil level rather than using a spacer. I think its fine to use a spacer (StephenG has one) but be aware it will immediately invalidate your Vortech warranty if you do not install as per spec.

Your figures are a tad optimistic too - 395BHp and probably just under 5 0-60. Remember your top end power is good but torque in the mid0range does not compare to a TT - and your true dual exhaust will not help that low-down torque either BTW

Guest prescience
EMS?

If you're using SplitSec, you'll need an immediate re-tune with the Walbro; the stock map is set-up for the Aux in-line fuel pump (which is Walbro 155). The 255 might overpower the stock injectors too.

The Vortech install recommends tapping (cutting) into the oil pan well above the oil level rather than using a spacer. I think its fine to use a spacer (StephenG has one) but be aware it will immediately invalidate your Vortech warranty if you do not install as per spec.

Your figures are a tad optimistic too - 395BHp and probably just under 5 0-60. Remember your top end power is good but torque in the mid0range does not compare to a TT

You should PM spill about moving to a 255 and while you're talking to him, find out where he got his uprated fuel lines from and buy those instead of the fuel pump

EMS?

Your figures are a tad optimistic too - 395BHp and probably just under 5 0-60. Remember your top end power is good but torque in the mid0range does not compare to a TT - and your true dual exhaust will not help that low-down torque either BTW

I have the JWT oil pan spacer but my tap-off is still from the main sump as there were various concerns in the US of the oil not flowing correctly, or something like that, so I went for the Vortech approved method.

Agree with the realistic figures (395bhp, 4.9sec 0-60), but it will be noticable.

Not sure I follow the low-down torque comment; I saw no difference when going Nismo to true dual. Seperately, I got Abbey to retune my SS box to give me as much mid-range grunt as possible, which in effect was only a moderate difference.

Guest prescience
EMS?

I have the JWT oil pan spacer but my tap-off is still from the main sump as there were various concerns in the US of the oil not flowing correctly, or something like that, so I went for the Vortech approved method.

Agree with the realistic figures (395bhp, 4.9sec 0-60), but it will be noticable.

Not sure I follow the low-down torque comment; I saw no difference when going Nismo to true dual. Seperately, I got Abbey to retune my SS box to give me as much mid-range grunt as possible, which in effect was only a moderate difference.

I can understand from a technical viewpoint why modest back-pressure aids the torque with S/C and N/A but of course it's a 'No-No' with TT. However, I do agree its modest and accept it may not be noticeable and can't disagree with you not having done a back-to-back comparison myself.

I did not know that about your oil tap - so the spacer is not really much benefit to you then?

Also, captint you should get a wiring harness if going with SplitSec to avoid cutting wires - I regret not doing this. Was your's the Autosport Stephen?

The main issue way above all the others is the fuel pump; I cannot see any reason whatsoever in paying for a 255 install without a full fuel return system and larger injectors. It will add to your grief, I guarantee it

Thanks chaps, comments taken on board, will be finalising arrangements over the next 2 weeks and should be finished by 15th of March, lets see on the stats, will update on dyno etc. Will speak to Spill re fuel lines etc

My understanding is that 412 would be safe on standard internals, but no more, thats my goal, but if it doesnt happen then the dyno will tell